• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate NY / North Country - now on to Summer 2011

What a localized crappy disaster of a day here today from a cluster of T-storms and the resultant outflow boundaries. Just one flair up after another over the same 20 mile wide corridor all afternoon :arrowhead:

saw a pretty good strom on the north end of the lake, enough to bring the boat back to shore. Very loud thunder and lightning hitting the mountains, saw it even had a severe t-storm warning. Rain never made it far enough south to affect me and it was a nice day with clouds to my north and south.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw a pretty good strom on the north end of the lake, enough to bring the boat back to shore. Very loud thunder and lightning hitting the mountains, saw it even had a severe t-storm warning. Rain never made it far enough south to affect me and it was a nice day with clouds to my north and south.

You mean this storm?

264325_235342156490127_100000430344045_852520_3725355_n.jpg

Chased us from Silver Bay to south of Dome Island. There was also a storm around exit 21 and we were running out of lake to hide on.

You mean this storm?

Chased us from Silver Bay to south of Dome Island. There was also a storm around exit 21 and we were running out of lake to hide on.

Lake George is another one of my favorite vacation spots. Absolutely beautiful up there. I'm really looking forward to my trip to Oneida Lake next week, I hope the hot weather stays away and I can catch a sub 50 degree morning while I'm up there!

btw : I have family reunions at Silver Bay bi-yearly. I stay at the Inn. absolutely gorgeous!

You mean this storm?

yup I was up in the north end of Northwest bay watching the storm try to drop south, never really made it as it moved mostly west to east.

In and out of the warm wx for that area next week..... fairly hot Sunday and transitional Monday ...then a few great cooler days.

Lake George is another one of my favorite vacation spots. Absolutely beautiful up there. I'm really looking forward to my trip to Oneida Lake next week, I hope the hot weather stays away and I can catch a sub 50 degree morning while I'm up there!

btw : I have family reunions at Silver Bay bi-yearly. I stay at the Inn. absolutely gorgeous!

In and out of the warm wx for that area next week..... fairly hot Sunday and transitional Monday ...then a few great cooler days.

Thanks! I'll be up there from Wednesday the 13th to Monday the 18th. I see some 50ish lows in the first part of my trip. I can't wait, the summer in Georgia has been miserable so far. I think we are pushing 40 days of 90+ heat already....

Eww sounds ugly....

No 90's here ...just an 89 about a month, an 86 that same period, three or four 84's, and maybe six days have come in at 80-83. The rest of the time 70's and a few chilly days in June.

Thanks! I'll be up there from Wednesday the 13th to Monday the 18th. I see some 50ish lows in the first part of my trip. I can't wait, the summer in Georgia has been miserable so far. I think we are pushing 40 days of 90+ heat already....

Eww sounds ugly....

No 90's here ...just an 89 about a month, an 86 that same period, three or four 84's, and maybe six days have come in at 80-83. The rest of the time 70's and a few chilly days in June.

Yesterday made up for July 4th as we had a perfect 79 degree day with enough high/mid level clouds to take away the intensity of the early summer sun. Got all my yard work done and wasn;t drenched in sweat. It was your turn to get drenched all day :lol:

It was nice yesterday until around 1 PM and hit 75... Then it clouded up fast and the dew point jumped around 10 degrees to the upper 60s as the showers and mugginess pushed up from the south. We got at least 2 inches of rain...doppler shows 3" not very far west. Basically a swamp here again with the clay soil. LOL

Looks nice again now.....

Yesterday made up for July 4th as we had a perfect 79 degree day with enough high/mid level clouds to take away the intensity of the early summer sun. Got all my yard work done and wasn;t drenched in sweat. It was your turn to get drenched all day :lol:

It was nice yesterday until around 1 PM and hit 75... Then it clouded up fast and the dew point jumped around 10 degrees to the upper 60s as the showers and mugginess pushed up from the south. We got at least 2 inches of rain...doppler shows 3" not very far west. Basically a swamp here again with the clay soil. LOL

Looks nice again now.....

Havent had nearly the rain here. With the exception of a 1.5" downpour before the 4th, its been dry. Lots of brown patches in the yard. I like that. To paraphrase Johnny Cochran, "If the grass dont grow, you must not mow".

Today will make it a tie!

Not quite as today had slightly higher humidity. Yesterday sitting by the pool you got a chill from the North wind....... which despite being 82 degrees, had a bit of a bite to it when you are wet. That combined with deep blue sky and an unabated, strong sun could not be topped for the enjoyment of any outdoor activity.......except skiing :thumbsup:

BIG YEAR UPCOMING FOR THE PHANTOMS........The CC will be rocking with the new roster and video board.

75 on Saturday here and 80 on Sunday. If you like Summer weather then this would be perfect I guess. 53 for a low early today and that was lovely.

I find the sun too darn searing hot in June/July. I much prefer August/September.

Great that we have lost 15 minutes of daylight already. ;)

Not quite as today had slightly higher humidity. Yesterday sitting by the pool you got a chill from the North wind....... which despite being 82 degrees, had a bit of a bite to it when you are wet. That combined with deep blue sky and an unabated, strong sun could not be topped for the enjoyment of any outdoor activity.......except skiing :thumbsup:

BIG YEAR UPCOMING FOR THE PHANTOMS........The CC will be rocking with the new roster and video board.

59 this morning was nice again. Now a couple days in the mid 80's I suppose...then some very refreshing air. :snowman:

The lost daylight is certainly is noticable, considering I get up at 4:30 and try to stay outside until it is dark. I'd rather flip a switch and lose the daylight in November or so. The heat can go at anytime though.

The absence of a downslope here meant that the west/then nw winds kept us in the low 80's. Windy, but still quite humid into the early afternoon, but gradually lowering humidity thereafter and very pleasant by dinnertime.

Morning low of 70, High of 81.

Really nice gust front just blew through here from a dying line of storms dipping south. Drier air felt really good...........

The absence of a downslope here meant that the west/then nw winds kept us in the low 80's. Windy, but still quite humid into the early afternoon, but gradually lowering humidity thereafter and very pleasant by dinnertime.

Morning low of 70, High of 81.

Yep, turned into a pretty nice evening, then dropped into the mid 50's (56.3) this morning. Hoping for some 40's the next 2 nights.

It looks as I timed my trip up to Oneida Lake perfectly. A cold front is moving through today/tomorrow and it looks beautiful for Wednesday and Thursday, slowly warming up until I leave on Monday. I could not be happier. Heat index near 115 today in Georgia. :arrowhead:

Should be some nice lake weather when it gets close to 90 again this weekend. Hopefully you're not

in an area that has the toxic algae blooms.

Should be some nice lake weather when it gets close to 90 again this weekend. Hopefully you're not

in an area that has the toxic algae blooms.

Yes, it was a problem but my realitives up here said it cleared out this morning. I'm not sure if that means it's done or could come back but apparently it's not a problem right now. What a beautiful day, stiff breeze and temps are amazing compared to what I came from.

Yep, turned into a pretty nice evening, then dropped into the mid 50's (56.3) this morning. Hoping for some 40's the next 2 nights.

One down, 48.5°. Perfect summer weather.

Just missed the rains yesterday, guess I have to water the garden one of these days. It will be the first time since it was planted so I can't complain.

That's a brilliant location you have there for radiational cooling. :) I can't even compete......but it was a lovely 53F here for a low today (Thursday).

One down, 48.5°. Perfect summer weather.

Just missed the rains yesterday, guess I have to water the garden one of these days. It will be the first time since it was planted so I can't complain.

Archived