northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm

Chicago WX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah usually these 'big' scenarios disappear as we get closer.

GEM is awful, yep.

the euro may hold. sometimes it does.

It can be stubborn sometimes. The preceding 00z runs go one way so you think the Euro will but not always. I give it like a 75% chance of making a move toward the other 00z guidance.

I suppose we should look at the bright side: not too often are you unhappy with a top 10 snowy February. Perhaps it shows how spoiled we've been in the last 5 years.

True that but it was a boring feb. from the 2nd on IMBY.. if I lived 30 few miles north in Saukville where he got like 13" when I got a qtr of that i'd be singing a different tune about the month. If march doesn't deliver than that's 2 months of crap and the best grade I could give winter is a C.

It's time for spring.

Yep. It gets harder and harder as time goes by to get a good widespread snow. Without a major arctic air intrusion these systems have fairly narrow corridors of snow associated with them. This makes them even more frustrating to forecast compared to just a short while back. This immediate area hasn't fared well with any appreciable snows beyond Feb in over 10 years, so I'm not too optimistic on any appreciable additional snowfall here. If it happens great, otherwise I'm ready for chase season. :popcorn:

True that but it was a boring feb. from the 2nd on IMBY.. if I lived 30 few miles north in Saukville where he got like 13" when I got a qtr of that i'd be singing a different tune about the month.

No doubt. It does seem like areas within an 80 mile radius north and west of the city fare much better in an awful lot of events. We have the December 2009 storm, December 2010's storm, the storm a week ago, etc.

I just noticed how close we are season total wise.

Yea, it would be nice to hit 50", but at the same time bring on the warmth.

Will you suntan in a hammock in your speedo the next month and a half of 40's and 50's max mostly? With no leaves on the trees it should be primo no sun blockage.

Will you suntan in a hammock in your speedo the next month and a half of 40's and 50's max mostly? With no leaves on the trees it should be primo no sun blockage.

I'm not cromartie, so I don't own either.

It is enough for shorts though.

I'll save the tanning for Florida later this month.:sizzle:

Not yet still 3 weeks left of a decent sun angle :guitar:

Yea nows about the time I get all of the reoccuring questions out of the way. Snow cover will allow it to come north. Even if it snows after rain it will be tough to accumulate, especially during the day in March when the sun angle is better. Also we should not get to wrapped up in the models as the ROAB network hasnt gotten a full sample yet. Feel free to add to this angrysummons.

Archived