northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm

Chicago WX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. It gets harder and harder as time goes by to get a good widespread snow. Without a major arctic air intrusion these systems have fairly narrow corridors of snow associated with them. This makes them even more frustrating to forecast compared to just a short while back. This immediate area hasn't fared well with any appreciable snows beyond Feb in over 10 years, so I'm not too optimistic on any appreciable additional snowfall here. If it happens great, otherwise I'm ready for chase season. :popcorn:

I'm ready for a photogenic supercell/tornado.

Michigan only gets dying MCS's, sorry.:(

In all seriousness I often wonder why this is. Lake influenced after the MCS's cross the cooler water maybe?. It would be a great case study and interesting. Not sure whats worse...Getting a dry slot in a Blizzard or watching a Derecho fall apart just west of Lansing.

In all seriousness I often wonder why this is. Lake influenced after the MCS's cross the cooler water maybe?. It would be a great case study and interesting. Not sure whats worse...Getting a dry slot in a Blizzard or watching a Derecho fall apart just west of Lansing.

I'll take croaking severe all yr long to not have to live in the favored flat land areas of severe. Nice places to visit tornado's but i'd want out of dodge faster than moneyman goes through a 4 pack of pudding cups.

Archived