joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28 Severe Storm Threat - Discussion and obs

yoda

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katie has joined the discussion. Good omen for severe tomorrow!

Yes, sorry I am late to the party, was at a baby shower all day in Germantown.

So it looks like there is a chance for showesr in the morning, some clearing and then the show begins? I know previous runs had rain in the morning but that looks to have changed.

HWO mentions threat for damaging winds and isolated tornadoes tomorrow afternoon and evening

The setup seems fairly decent by early season standards. Looks like a classic QLCS situation with numerous reports of damaging winds and some tornadoes. I don't expect a hatched tornado area but a strong tornado probably can't be ruled out somewhere in the Mid Atlantic as some of the shear parameters are borderline favorable.

The setup seems fairly decent by early season standards. Looks like a classic QLCS situation with numerous reports of damaging winds and some tornadoes. I don't expect a hatched tornado area but a strong tornado probably can't be ruled out somewhere in the Mid Atlantic as some of the shear parameters are borderline favorable.

Where do you think the moderate risk ends up in subsequent outlooks?

QLCS?

Scuddz do you think even I up here in SE PA might be in game for this event tomorrow or will i have to travel south?

I'd rather be south and west of philly, but if the line holds together, the wind threat is there. I'm not sold on the Tornado threat with the warm front being so far north.

Archived