• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Euro 12/16/11

earthlight

The GFS is an outlier at this point. The 12z Nogaps and Euro showed similiar solutions.

Yeah the 12z GFS still has the low going thru PA into SNY and out off New England. I suspect we're in a good spot for a minor event after what coould be a 65 - 70 degree readings on Friday.

gfs_pcp_126s.gif

Pattern's garbage for our area, and I'm certainly not expecting any significant snow through the end of February, possible into the beginning of March for NYC/coast. North and west could be a different story, but with a pretty strongly negative PNA, positve AO, near neutral NAO, we're not going to get much pressing of polar air south of New England. SE ridge looks too resistant/strong -- we're in a typical strong nina regime now.

Strongly disagree. If the NYC area doesn't get snow in the next week or so, it's going to be because the push of polar air and associated confluence is too strong.

Pattern's garbage for our area, and I'm certainly not expecting any significant snow through the end of February, possible into the beginning of March for NYC/coast. North and west could be a different story, but with a pretty strongly negative PNA, positve AO, near neutral NAO, we're not going to get much pressing of polar air south of New England. SE ridge looks too resistant/strong -- we're in a typical strong nina regime now.

.It's going to be into March before we get a pattern shift. But if NYC and 'Burbs want to match '95-'96, they better get at least a couple of mini-events (2-4") to put them on pace.

Strongly disagree. If the NYC area doesn't get snow in the next week or so, it's going to be because the push of polar air and associated confluence is too strong.

Yea if anything the strong block and polar vortex keeps temperatures relatively cold and dry Sun-Wed. The pattern might remain tranquil with a progressive zonal flow under a large area of confluence. The block prevents the SE ridge from really flexing its muscle.

Disagree, I tend to favor the GFS solution given the pattern in place. Strong Western troughing supports the idea of a more robust SE-ridge and thus a further north baroclinic zone/gradient for the sfc low. IMO the Euro is too far south w/ the vortex and associated confluence over the Northeast early next week, but we'll see.

We need the strong confluence to look in cold enough air for snow, however, the stronger it is the more sheered out the storm will end up because we have the trough digging on the west coast pumping the SE ridge...squeeze play...This setup is pretty much a lose/lose situation, but I suppose there is a needle threading outcome that would be at best say a 2-4" event? the euro at least showed an outcopme like that in one of the runs the past couple days, and it's probably the best case scenario. It has trended more and more sheered out since then though. I wouldnt be betting my chips on snow in the area, but we shall see

I'd guess its the first correction south towards the Euro solutions. That is really nice blocking though. But could the western U.S. get any worse lol??

Yeah the PAC is looking bad with the strong -PNA, but we can have decent overrunning events in this type of setup. All depends on how the PV and atlantic shape up, and how far south our vort gets pushed.

Archived