12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get crushed with the 12Z NAM. You would get some snow then you would need to make sure you have batteries in your flashlight after that because I doubt that surface would get above 32F with NE winds.

Yeah, NAM suggests heavy snow to ice then back to snow (Another 1" or 2")down here. Everyone north of M-59 (I-96 west side of the state) is safely snow.

That would be one nasty winter storm.

NAM has .75-1 QPF from S. WI to Detroit. Looks to be all snow here, would be a solid 8-12 inches.

More like 1.25. Lock it in. Weird how there's 2 bands of precipitation with one storm. Also starting to think its either or with the two waves. If the first wave travels like the 6z models show, the second one will likely be south.

Here in the northern suburbs (N59) would see mostly snow. 7-8 inches and some sleet

Yep, The Port Huron-Flint-just north of Grand Rapids-just north of Milwaukee coridor would be the sweet spot this run.

I should note though, sometimes the models may confuse snow for sleet. That's why I like to take a top-down look at them versus relying strictly on the preicpitation types. Anybody north of M-59 (I-96 on the west side of the state) based on a top-down look is all snow.

gosh if only we could get this this a bit further south and we would be in buisness here. 6z GFS took a good step in that direction from the 0z run but we'll see.

Maybe it's just me, but I think we're still a long ways off from being in the game. The WAA is going to be underdone on that initial slug, you can count on that, especially with the cold airmass ahead of it being so weak and lacking snow cover.

Maybe it's just me, but I think we're still a long ways off from being in the game. The WAA is going to be underdone on that initial slug, you can count on that, especially with the cold airmass ahead of it being so weak and lacking snow cover.

ya were still a good deal away but if the 12z GFS continues south it will get a bit more interesting.

Archived