Gonzalo00
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really.

More like less than 1"

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2011&model_mm=02&model_dd=18&model_init_hh=00&fhour=78&parameter=SNOWIN&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

That's from NO snow depth.

BTW, it's a typical model error for the snow accumulation to cut off around bodies of water. Just extrapolate the general amounts that are ot eh west eastward.

3-5" front end thumping, I'll take it.

Bufkit shows about a 2-4 range so basically the same as what you're thinking....then 0.2 ice accum....we even get around a 150 elevated cape so thunder would be likely....SBN actually gets near 350 cape so they might even get small hail....man if only it was summer (minus the inversion) what a wind field....prob too strong but hodo has 3km helicity of 1500 for SBN.

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2011&model_mm=02&model_dd=18&model_init_hh=00&fhour=78&parameter=SNOWIN&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

That's from NO snow depth.

BTW, it's a typical model error for the snow accumulation to cut off around bodies of water. Just extrapolate the general amounts that are ot eh west eastward.

I've never once used twisterdatas snow map to see how much snow id get and never will. use actual forecasting tools or raw data and figure it out.

DLL, you look to be mostly snow on the GFS with a solid 10-12+ inches.

I'm literally right on the line of heavy snow, probably sleet/freezing rain here.

FWIW bufkit for GRB shows about the same as here in SE Mich....3 or 4 snow then 0.15-0.2 ice. the last half shows the entire column is below freezing the problem there is the profile is only saturated up to about the -7 icotherm then abundant dry air above that....this is for the last 5 hours of the event with regard to the saturation.

FWIW bufkit for GRB shows about the same as here in SE Mich....3 or 4 snow then 0.15-0.2 ice. the last half shows the entire column is below freezing the problem there is the profile is only saturated up to about the -7 icotherm then abundant dry air above that....this is for the last 5 hours of the event with regard to the saturation.

Yuck. Thanks for that, I didn't look at the raw output yet, but I was just going by 850 mb temps and surface, and it looked good up in GB. Guess not.

Must be pretty bad here then, since I am a good 60 miles south.

Yuck. Thanks for that, I didn't look at the raw output yet, but I was just going by 850 mb temps and surface, and it looked good up in GB. Guess not.

Must be pretty bad here then, since I am a good 60 miles south.

Ahhh it's only one model run and it's the NAM (which is prob too far north)....plus energy is just now getting sampled....but here is a couple images for you.

Ah, at first I thought you were talking about the GFS in terms of only 2-3 inches of snow for GRB etc. I'm assuming you're talking about the NAM now right? UKIE/GFS have pretty good agreement on the track at least through hr 72 (although ukie is stronger)

Yeah I was talking the NAM to get the "latest data".

rain storm here, which isn't a bad thing tore my achilles tendon this week so shoveling is out of the question

Twister weenie map thumps ya before flipping. How accurate it is I don't know but it does look like you could start out snow and the precip is cranking during the window Take it easy and I hope you recover fast.

Archived