• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb. 20th - ? Possible Storm

wisconsinwx

Harry, do you have the 2M temps and stuff by any chance? I think it would be snow to rain here, although I think it's close.

That 32 line is basically breathing down your neck the whole time. Can apply that back to the MN/IA line. It hardly moves till system 1 precip is out of there and then it drops down to near Chicago area on east into N.IN/N.OH as system 2 arrives.

Very little QPF in these parts from system one. Most of it stays north of Grand Rapids. Thus most of it is from system 2. Can apply this to Detroit and points south and east etc.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firmly in the 1.0 to 1.25 zone which is the highest zone up that way. Basically all of S.MN over to Green bay/UP of MI line is in that zone. The .75 to 1 inch line runs across N.IA to near Madison and Milwaukee and northern MI.

The other zone of 1 inch to 1.25 runs along and north of i70 in IN/OH up into S.MI/i94. With 1.25+ from near Ft. Wayne across all of nothern Ohio and a small bullseye of 1.50 near Mansfield. .75 to 1 inch from Muskegon ese to the northern Detroit Burbs/Buffalo. .50 to .75 for the Toronto guys. Most of the QPF with this is from system 2.

Impressive stuff--thanks for the info. Straddling a close line here for those on the edge between heavy snow and little if any based on the thermals. This one will still have some surprises--though not as huge as the last three days.

Impressive stuff--thanks for the info. Straddling a close line here for those on the edge between heavy snow and little if any based on the thermals. This one will still have some surprises--though not as huge as the last three days.

Yeah good luck up that way with system 1. As mentioned it does not look good for those further se with that entry point into the Plains. Only hope is for it to come into the Plains further south.

System 2 is still to be seen.

I just want some dam cold air to be felt.. Last March was a real downer with winter just ending.. I can't go two marches without having a buffer on the ice for torches.. Snow pack would be nice but this past 6 days took care of that.. Always nice to have snow on the shore instead of feb/march sun beating down on bare grass/shore and opening the shore up while there is a foot of ice or more on the lake. At least travel on the lakes should be easy going forward..

Meh whatcha gonna do. Only momma natures knows.

I just want some dam cold air to be felt.. Last March was a real downer with winter just ending.. I can't go two marches without having a buffer on the ice for torches.. Snow pack would be nice but this past 6 days took care of that.. Always nice to have snow on the shore instead of feb/march sun beating down on bare grass/shore and opening the shore up while there is a foot of ice or more on the lake. At least travel on the lakes should be easy going forward..

Meh whatcha gonna do. Only momma natures knows.

This would be the 3rd March in a row if it were to torch. Both March 2009 and last March sucked in the snowfall dept as records were broke for least snowfall ( in the month of March ) in both 2009 and 2010. Would be a extremely impressive event if it were to happen again this March as it has never happened before to my knowledge. Ofcourse breaking crazy records seems to have become the norm in these parts as well so who knows.

Looks like the NWS gave some of the central states the first "See Text" of the year lol, but definitely something to watch as there is enough cape that could potentially be present on the 20th. Looks like they are saying hail of 1.00+" and may issue a slight risk in further outlooks. Quite an interesting February, and rarely do we Nebraskan's see severe weather this early in the year, let alone all of these 60s and 70s. The weather is behaving like April here.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

New HPC graphic is out, with a huge swath of 40% of at least 8 inches, although I'm not usually a fan of the graphics they throw out. The NAM also looks to be trending towards a more GFS/ EURO solution. The 00z Euro looks a bit dicey for my area with surface temps just barely below freezing through the entire event with 1.18 inches of total precip. Its been many many years since we have seen a ice storm in these parts, hopefully we can keep it that way. But a heavy wet snow can do just as much damage to trees and power lines, we saw that back in November.

day3_psnow_gt_08.gif

Archived