Newest Member
    northernriwx
2011 - Mid-Atlantic Severe Storm Thread

Kmlwx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not working out with the female roomie?

She decided to quit her job (hates her boss) and move back in with her mom, so we have to find someone to either room with me for 4 months or take the lease outright so I can go elsewhere. Otherwise it's a steep termination fee.

-----

I think NoVA will get some decent storms today... maybe DC/MD too if they can hold.

got a bubble of high (or higher than sref showed) cape already to the west of d.c. if i were spc i'd have put this area under 2% torn as well, it's not often the only threat is that close to the upper energy.. and we'll have better paramaters on other scales as well. i still like the c-va to md border area as a hotspot for activity -- tho best odds locally of torn warnings might be on the northern edge of that into s pa.

got a bubble of high (or higher than sref showed) cape already to the west of d.c. if i were spc i'd have put this area under 2% torn as well, it's not often the only threat is that close to the upper energy.. and we'll have better paramaters on other scales as well. i still like the c-va to md border area as a hotspot for activity -- tho best odds locally of torn warnings might be on the northern edge of that into s pa.

Pretty much my thoughts, too... would have to go towards PIT if I wanted to chase today (to avoid terrain issues). VA might be able to squeeze out a TOR warn, but the risk quickly fades as you get on the southern end of the weak jet streak in the base of the short-wave trough. Nevermind RE: the jet streak... latest models have brought it a good deal further S, putting VA/WV in a decent risk for TORs.

Archived