Newest Member
    Toothache
2011 - Mid-Atlantic Severe Storm Thread

Kmlwx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait for it... wait for it...

Hearing distant thunder from the activity that prompted FFWs for Hampshire and Mineral counties in WV this evening. One of the runs of the NAM the last day or so had this area bullseyed for this time period, but can't recall which one.

post-116-0-09337600-1308445949.gif

Not an MCS, but I'm holding out hope for some of this rainfall tonight.

both thurs and fri should have some potential with the low moving so slowly.. problem is it's filling and weakening heading east.. as has been the case plenty this yr. i could see some marginal svr around here for now, like the two days this week and last weekend.

SREF looks sorta interesting with the warm front passage on Tuesday. It actually has a fairly impressive mix of stacked parameters.. supercell pretty high, some torn values. Normally I'd think the trough is too far west but this is a pretty anomalous situation for this time of yr so maybe not. Worth looking at in future runs at least--and see how far east things activate along the wf tomorrow/where it is etc.

SREF looks sorta interesting with the warm front passage on Tuesday. It actually has a fairly impressive mix of stacked parameters.. supercell pretty high, some torn values. Normally I'd think the trough is too far west but this is a pretty anomalous situation for this time of yr so maybe not. Worth looking at in future runs at least--and see how far east things activate along the wf tomorrow/where it is etc.

:thumbsup:

the 00z nam looks pretty solid for wed too.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trough is still way west early.. tho by wed it seems we might have a better shot at SCT storms. tue might not happen at all, tho it seems an isolated supercll or two could roam. still not sure what this upper low is doing.. short term it's seemed to end up stronger/slower.. i think there is some support for a threat of severe through fri at least. could be a good week? for someone... probably not imby. :P

Archived