northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2011 - Mid-Atlantic Severe Storm Thread

Kmlwx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think the area between the stormy region north of Baltimore and the storms in NOVA will get any action?

It could, probably among the more unstable areas at this pt. That stuff E of RIC will want to work this way. If we time it right with the low level jet increase maybe we can pull a Hagerstown later. ;)

Places getting steady storm training will likely continue thru early Thursday morning.

Those places high and dry, like Dale City, will see a mix of sun and clouds, with a passing brief thundershower.

I'm used to it.

Bring on summer with a MONSTER upper level ridge.

I am so damned jealous of those places with plentiful rain. It's too bad I happen to live in a place where we never get well above normal rains. axesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.pngaxesmiley.png

that stuff in se va looks good... race against time getting it here before sunset though i suppose.

Very soupy out there. Seems like the trend is to get stuff to form N of DC area or slide south so far. We'll see if we can get out out of the splits here.

Sunny here atm.

Yeah, I was getting a little nervous!! We had heavy hail, marble size and big winds!

it's pretty diffuse at this pt.. but worth watching. the other about to cross the river might have some in the last scan now too. both have decent tops, the northern one is really small.

Neat grab from GR Analyst - nice structure

it's pretty beefy.. nice overshooting tops for a while. the one north has solid updrafts too it seems but it's tiny.

post-1615-0-92564900-1305755020.jpg

it's pretty beefy.. nice overshooting tops for a while. the one north has solid updrafts too it seems but it's tiny.

Yeah for sure. I think DC will just keep getting missed for now. Seems that these wall want to slide south and then to the west of the city. I could be wrong though (that happens often).

Yeah for sure. I think DC will just keep getting missed for now. Seems that these wall want to slide south and then to the west of the city. I could be wrong though (that happens often).

I think we'll at least get some sprinkles. Could be more, close tho for now. We have been in the sun all afternoon and it's slowly rotating this direction.

I think we'll at least get some sprinkles. Could be more, close tho for now. We have been in the sun all afternoon and it's slowly rotating this direction.

Though all of them seem to be heading towards us and then gradually curve with the winds aloft from the upper low.

Sprinkles is a ballsy call :devilsmiley: - It poured today while I was at work so I guess that might have been my excitement of the day. Getting wet while running to the car to get lunch.

Though all of them seem to be heading towards us and then gradually curve with the winds aloft from the upper low.

Sprinkles is a ballsy call :devilsmiley: - It poured today while I was at work so I guess that might have been my excitement of the day. Getting wet while running to the car to get lunch.

I think the lobe near RIC will try to swipe us but it's still heavy on the west side so we'll see.

I think the lobe near RIC will try to swipe us but it's still heavy on the west side so we'll see.

The area I'm watching for additional development is just east of the east most cell in that cluster towards maybe Leonardtown, MD. I'd say if something pops in there we stand a much better chance given the movement. But corn fumes will likely win out in the end.

Archived