• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb. 4th - 5th Snow Event

Powerball

Wow...just wow. Insane snowfall rates. We probably have already gotten 1.5+, nearly 2 inches which has fallen in not an hour and a half. DTW down to 0.1 mile in heavy snow. Just awesome.

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

by the looks of this you and i may be in for more ;) - had to laugh update just came out and they said 1-3 more....we just got 1" in about 40 mins and radar is solid for miles...is this supposed to break up quickly here at end?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been getting hammered with moderate to heavy snow in Toledo all day... it's worse than the blizzard last week. LOL.

we had a period of heavy snow here....now a lull and wait to see what rotates back in. Sloppy system here so far, both in precip type (although mainly snow), and in it's 'showery' durations.

Exeter, King City, and Buffalo radars are all showing the precip in completely different areas. Mike, is it snowing in Etobicoke? Exeter shows 29-39dbz over you. But, King City shows the snow hasn't even passed Hamilton yet.

Buffalo radar shows a band of snow over me, but WSO and WKR radars show the snow is still well south of here.:weight_lift:

Exeter, King City, and Buffalo radars are all showing the precip in completely different areas. Mike, is it snowing in Etobicoke? Exeter shows 29-39dbz over you. But, King City shows the snow hasn't even passed Hamilton yet.

Buffalo radar shows a band of snow over me, but WSO and WKR radars show the snow is still well south of here.:weight_lift:

That's caused by the dry air. Returns on the periphery of the radar scan are going to show up, but not near the core when the precip is only aloft. It's sometimes called the donut hole effect. Actual snow is falling per obs on a London-Hamilton-Niagara line.

Archived