Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb. 4th - 5th Snow Event

Powerball

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN  
341 PM EST SAT FEB 05 2011     

.TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     
.DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                
..REMARKS..    
0325 PM     SNOW             4 W ROCKVILLE           39.77N 87.31W   
02/05/2011  M6.0 INCH        PARKE              IN   CO-OP OBSERVER      

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah, to me a bust is missing a BIG event. This was a 2-4 AT BEST. I think you're talking about xmas eve '02. I don't talk about that one.

I do. It made me sick lol. Forecasted to get up to 12" and it just dried up lmao. It was supposed to hit Christmas Morning. Stayed up all night on Christmas Eve waiting on it. And yea, I see what your saying in terms of amounts, but I'm talking models in general. They all sucked wrt this system up until 0z last night lol. You also have to look at the bust in other areas that were forecasted to get nothing and got 6" that's pretty big

I do. It made me sick lol. Forecasted to get up to 12" and it just dried up lmao. It was supposed to hit Christmas Morning. Stayed up all night on Christmas Eve waiting on it. And yea, I see what your saying in terms of amounts, but I'm talking models in general. They all sucked wrt this system up until 0z last night lol. You also have to look at the bust in other areas that were forecasted to get nothing and got 6" that's pretty big

'02 didn't dry up, it trended nw and we got a rain light sleet mix while places just to our n and w got hammered. That Dec 24th evening radar screen shot is etched in my mind.

It's interesting how many ways a particular location can miss a storm. South, north, east and west, even the "surprise" events underachieve. Considering how the rest of the nation is doing this winter, this has to be the lamest winter here since 2005-06. No more storms or threats of storms please, bring on spring already.

It's interesting how many ways a particular location can miss a storm. South, north, east and west, even the "surprise" events underachieve. Considering how the rest of the nation is doing this winter, this has to be the lamest winter here since 2005-06. No more storms or threats of storms please, bring on spring already.

LOL pretty bad when a 2-4" NOstorm brings jb back for a day lol

i hear ya, but about a week later then you. My interest is still piqued about the coming week. After that bring on the torch baby!!

See radar I posted above, It dried up over us. Heavy stuff to our east and to our west and big blank in central OH lol

well that was a result of the dry slot, which is also related to the further nw trend. That storm had every screw in the tool box for us.....wtod, dryslot, transfer of energy to the coast.....you name it.

if i recall even DC got into a snowstorm with that one :arrowhead:

well that was a result of the dry slot, which is also related to the further nw trend. That storm had every screw in the tool box for us.....wtod, dryslot, transfer of energy to the coast.....you name it.

well you took what I said wrong. I didnt mean the entire system dried up. Places got hammered. I just meant it dried up for us lol.. Sorda like that dryslot over you right now lol

Archived