Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8 threat

MD Snow

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this thread necessary?

Given the fact that the weekend threat has like 40 pages and it's gonna drizzle i guess it is. There's a chance we can get a couple inches based on the 12z gfs. If the northern stream comes in weaker we can maybe get a little more going along the coast. Outside chance at a little surprise.

Given the fact that the weekend threat has like 40 pages and it's gonna drizzle i guess it is. There's a chance we can get a couple inches based on the 12z gfs. If the northern stream comes in weaker we can maybe get a little more along the coast.

Don't worry about it. Ji's just mad that he didn't think of it first. :lmao:

It's the NAM at 84 hrs but we really want this storm to go to town once north of us. It was 996 on the 18z and now 1004 on 0z. That will play a large role in the storm for thursday.

the nam is crap at this range who cares what it shows

I've tried to be very positive all winter. And, yes, I know it could have been worse. All I have to do is remember 08-09 to realize that. But I can't help but feel frustrated, and it has nothing to do with the storm we just missed, or even the Christmas storm. I realize that there are certain weather patterns more likely during a Nina, and that's fine. If no snow is the way it is supposed to play out, then fine, so be it. If it is not destined to snow, OK. But the frustrating part for me is the constant, and its been going on since the early December clipper that went south of us, model solutions that will show us something that looks great, gets our hopes up, then immediately drops it, and we watch helplessly as it passes us up. If the model never showed a chance, I could live with that. But the amazing "coincidence" of this winter is that every event at some point looks good for us. None of them ever look like a lost cause at some point. Somewhere along the line, they all look good. Remember the early Dec. clipper. The runs on Wed afternoon showed a good hit for us, the NAM especially. Then, on the very next run, it was modeled south and never wavered. The Jan 11 storm? The storm this past week? Tomorrow? It's like somebody is doing this on purpose. It's crazy. And it's been happening all winter. Are these models programmed to show snow in the Mid Atlantic at least once for every event?

I hope that this week's threat(s) either pan out, or I hope no model shows any chance of a snow event for the rest of this winter. I know, all I have to do is not look at the models. But who among us can do that?

Archived