• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7-8 Potential Storm

jconsor

I never take the euro temps at the surface seriously. They are always too warm.

That sounds like you just described a "bomb" with it getting down to 988mb. With that and the track you described, sounds like it would end up being a little colder. Although, too early to start that debate. Track and other steering factors more important at this time.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like you just described a "bomb" with it getting down to 988mb. With that and the track you described, sounds like it would end up being a little colder. Although, too early to start that debate. Track and other steering factors more important at this time.

Its going to be warm at the surface to start but its not like its 50 degrees. Being that the euro had nothing last night for this event, its way too early to say anything.

Its going to be warm at the surface to start but its not like its 50 degrees. Being that the euro had nothing last night for this event, its way too early to say anything.

Oh I agree, IF this were to happen that way and with an arctic front being involved I would expect some cold air would be available.

Really like the signals for this storm. I do think a coastal low is likely, and still think models are overemphasizing the primary. With the arctic front swinging through you would expect a coastal storm to pull in cold air as the northern shortwave phases in. The coastal will develop along the baroclinic zone. If anything maybe a rain to quick thump of snow for NYC. This threat definitely deserves adequate attention. Could easily even say the potential for a moderate snowstorm for areas N and W of the city is increasing.

On another note on sticking. Most places outside of Manhattan has a massive snowpack. White it may not stick on major roads, there is snow already basically everywhere and any intensity snow will stick to already existing snow. Side streets will no doubt get covered as well.

On another note on sticking. Most places outside of Manhattan has a massive snowpack. White it may not stick on major roads, there is snow already basically everywhere and any intensity snow will stick to already existing snow. Side streets will no doubt get covered as well.

Agreed. My post was more to make sure everyone knew what was falling I believed to be snow, regardless of the surface temps.

FYI, several sref members starting to come in with amped solutions now. Here is the 15z run.

f84.gif

It would have stuck if the city still looked like this:

post-164-0-01665500-1296852565.png

This is 1st Avenue between 54th and 55th street. Not sure of the year.

Looks like New Amsterdam. Nice Pict, I was the music editor for Ric Burn's "New York: A Documentary" The pictures/paintings/drawings he dug up of the city were mind boggling.

Archived