joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7-8 Potential Storm

jconsor

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised that no one is posting on this topic.

radar looks healthy across VA and NC, including areas where the 18z NAM had no precip. also some (virga?) popping up over SE PA.

23z RUC looks to have a decent shield of steady precip affecting the tri-state area for several hours, but won't know until 00z graphics come out about just how heavy it is...

It was in fact mentioned just a few posts above yours. Very nice graphic though.

Looks like accumulating snow (mostly light) should continue for a while in the higher elevations.

Anybody up for some cold? ARW temps valid at 4:00pm today (Tuesday)

Thank god...stop the bleeding.

Snowpack has been taking it on the chin lately, high was 44.7F today, brutal.

It's hard to reconcile such an epic stretch of cold, snowy, and icy weather with the reality that we live on the coastal plain and average 35" per year. These meltdowns happen here, snow is the exception, not the rule.

Thank god...stop the bleeding.

Snowpack has been taking it on the chin lately, high was 44.7F today, brutal.

It's hard to reconcile such an epic stretch of cold, snowy, and icy weather with the reality that we live on the coastal plain and average 35" per year. These meltdowns happen here, snow is the exception, not the rule.

Im down to a 2" snow pack lol.

Im down to a 2" snow pack lol.

Wow, that's crazy. Even in wooded areas along the South Shore or just the town?

Still 10" on my lawn with 12-18" depths in the wooded nature preserve, but they do get up to 400' in a dense forest of maple and beech, strewn with cedar and pine. There are some bare south facing areas along streets in Westchester, however...huge contrast in depths.

Still 10" on my lawn with 12-18" depths in the wooded nature preserve, but they do get up to 400' in a dense forest of maple and beech, strewn with cedar and pine. There are some bare south facing areas along streets in Westchester, however...huge contrast in depths.

Well... whats going on is this--- all the snow melted off the rooftops completely on Sunday. The driveways and roads have also been clear since then. As far as the grassy areas are concerned, I cant see any of it yet, (Ace can though) but that's the only place there's any snowcover left besides the snowpiles on the side of the roads. There's probably 3-4 inches in the sheltered grassy areas and like 1 inch on the grassy areas that face the sun. I took 2" as my average.

the wooded areas on the south shore? lol they're just as prevalent as the beaches in oklahoma

Well... whats going on is this--- all the snow melted off the rooftops completely on Sunday. The driveways and roads have also been clear since then. As far as the grassy areas are concerned, I cant see any of it yet, (Ace can though) but that's the only place there's any snowcover left besides the snowpiles on the side of the roads. There's probably 3-4 inches in the sheltered grassy areas and like 1 inch on the grassy areas that face the sun. I took 2" as my average.

That's surprising. Yesterday I measured an 11" snowpack here in New Brunswick that was still 13"-14" just a few days ago.

That's surprising. Yesterday I measured an 11" snowpack here in New Brunswick that was still 13"-14" just a few days ago.

Wow, for some reason it always melts here quickly. Im going to Jersey over the weekend, I expect it will feel like being in the Alps lol.

Archived