• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 7-8 Potential Storm

jconsor

I am a bit concern for Tuesday from 11Z to 18Z, I believe this is looking some like a storm that was surprise a few years back when the models underestimates the southern short wave. So far I see just a few snow showers for that period, but I wound not be surprise if NYC get over 6" of snow from this. I am keeping a good eye on the radar and satellite.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stormchaser

What's funny is that this is closer to a good hit then the 8 to 9 threat. The phase is just barely missing and the overall setup is better then the later week threat

It's just the way it goes this year.........meanwhile, I suggest patience in the other thread and nearly get my head ripped off....lol

I wonder what the rush is lol-- its like youre watching a movie and like halfway through the movie youve already decided whats going to happen. Uncertainty is a fact of life and I, for one, enjoy it. :thumbsup: 48 hours ago who would have thought it was going to be near 50 today? And we're talking about a delicately timed event at TWICE the lead time!

It's not as easy as sharpening the trough in this situation due to the poor positioning of the baroclinic zone. The surface low forming to the east makes sense, although some guidance is definitely placing it too far to the east atop some convection. That being said this is one of the cases where you can have a great depiction aloft but won't get the surface to respond..the upper level flow is not totally favorable with the northern stream bearing down.

That being said..this was at one point an absolute laugher and guidance has brought it back to the point where it's basically going to be painful to watch how close this comes to interacting and getting tugged up the coast.

f30.gif

convection starting to fire in eastern TX western LA in response to the short wave. STJ sitting over the gulf of mexico, energy dropping down from the northern jet. We have seen this setup before, although this setup is not near a volatile as the others. Will be fun to watch this for the next three model runs ending 12z tomorrow.

mostly rain tho it seems

Sufficiently cold aloft, a little warm near the surface....have to knock about 3 degrees or so off those 2m temps...

Yeah def. This will mostly be falling at night tho it seems. That might help us out alittle bit.

If the GFS was spitting out those 2m temperatures I wouldn't be worried becasue the GFS can't forecast surface temps for spit...the NAM is a little more precise...

Archived