joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7-8 Potential Storm

jconsor

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna say, eta looks nice and at 72 hours the storm is still to the south.

Wouldn't expect much from the NAM at this time frame.

Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up looking at the ETA, lol, but that's just me.....We might need to take these next 2 on the chin to get the big one late next week. I know no one wants to hear this, but gut tells me this is probably the most likely outcome...

Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up looking at the ETA, lol, but that's just me.....We might need to take these next 2 on the chin to get the big one late next week. I know no one wants to hear this, but gut tells me this is probably the most likely outcome...

I'm fine losing on these next two, but the one at 78 is still quite alive. Tomorrow's has been dead for days.

I'm fine losing on these next two, but the one at 78 is still quite alive. Tomorrow's has been dead for days.

This might be our Nina payback....the last storm as well. It was bound to happen at some point....I'm certainly not tossing the towel on Tuesday yet, but I wouldn't be expecting much. Things look good for later next week, imo...It's been a great, great winter so far

Yeah that's the second run of the old ETA to bring the goods...looks like there is some interference though north of the Lakes and our big storm coming on shore through Seattle that might make this one a no go.....

From my memory this season whenever someone has posted the old ETA and it has the same idea as the Euro it has eventually verified.

biggest concerns are getting the storm for form close enough to the coast yet and be cold enough. 850's are probably going to be fine, but there could be some nasty warm layers around 925 and below. This is going to be a fun little vort to track.

Yeah. The few models that bring low close enough also have a pretty warm boundary layer. That Ohio low is pumping south winds before the coastal tries go take over. 850's are plenty cold. But we need the Ohio low to either be weak or more south.

0Z -> 6Z -> 12Z NAM has each brought the precip shield further west on each run.

Remember where most models had todays storm 24-48 out. Well out to sea or at worst scraping the coast...

Now Indiana & Detriot are getting snow from it...

Still time for this to trend N/W, although if it does it probably kills the storm after that anyway...

best precip and the low are too far east. Still not writing this off, H5 continues to sharpen And yes, boundary temps are a big concern but if the system got organized quicker and the heavier precip was over the area I think it would be 34 and snow.

Thats cool. Better to see it east of the area than west.

It seems everyone has jumped over to the "big ticket" item. I'm not surprised, I'm still quite interested in this event and being that this would have big impacts in what happens moving forward I figured I would say something.

uuuum- what "big ticket" item? Am i missing something?

Archived