amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 9-11 Potential

Harbourton

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, this is reminding me ALOT of the storm we had right before Christmas.....went off the coast and was a scraper. We all know what happened withthe followup system on 12/26 and there are some signals that the blocking forms in Western Greenland and a small +PNA is positioned in the right spot. Perhaps mid-month is where we get the next "big" hit? Just something to ponder for those of us who believe in pattern repeats.

With every climate signal pointing towards the development a robust SE ridge around Valentine's Day, I don't see this happening.

Yeah I think that winter here in Northern DE is pretty much over after Valentine's day so we reeeeally need next week's event to pan out. I'm encouraged that at least everything now is OTS and not inland because usually once models lock on the inland solution they rarely seemed to move back east.

With every climate signal pointing towards the development a robust SE ridge around Valentine's Day, I don't see this happening.

Call me stunned if this does not trend back to a major east coast snowstorm this week...I would expect most models to start coming back toward the coast with the 0z runs this evening. Of course the GFS will likely be last to the party.

Agreed 100%. The pattern with these things is always the same. I bet in the end we sweat whether it is coming too far west.

I'm likely misreading the pattern repetition and getting too far ahead. Maybe this Tuesday system is the "grazer" and the Frb 9-11 event is the big hit? Either way, there was a grazer right before the 12/26 system and if I'm not mistaken, before the late January I-95 hit?

I'm likely misreading the pattern repetition and getting too far ahead. Maybe this Tuesday system is the "grazer" and the Frb 9-11 event is the big hit? Either way, there was a grazer right before the 12/26 system and if I'm not mistaken, before the late January I-95 hit?

That seems more plausible. There has definitely been lead grazers this year.

I'm in complete shock. The GFS at 120 hours out has a storm suppressed south and east. Who would ever predict that coming.

You compare this to 12z yesterday where the gfs had this tracking way south of us and then right off the coast not even getting near us. 12z today is much better and closer to the coast. Why people are compaing this to 06z is beyond me. This is as close as you want the gfs right now. Can't expect a mecs every single run. All the potential is right there and you guys have to remember we are still 5-6 Days out so relax.

You compare this to 12z yesterday where the gfs had this tracking way south of us and then right off the coast not even getting near us. 12z today is much better and closer to the coast. Why people are compaing this to 06z is beyond me. This is as close as you want the gfs right now. Can't expect a mecs every single run. All the potential is right there and you guys have to remember we are still 5-6 Days out so relax.

Agreed. We all know that if the GFS was showing an Apps runner right name the game would be over. Once the models are west of you, they never correct east. However time and time again the models, and i am including them all will be off the coast and correct west with time. This is a Thursday event, not tomorrow or Monday, but Thursday.:popcorn:

Today's 12Z is *slightly* better than 12Z yesterday. Not much, really, though.

We need the storm on Tuesday to completely phase and bomb out offshore. Right now the GFS doesn't phase in the northern stream and it ends up as a second low pressure. That features is too far west and helping to lower heights along the coast. Then on the back side we need a piece of the PV to dig further S/W and phase with the southern stream energy being ejected out of the SW. The timing needs to be perfect. I'm starting to feel a little more pesimistic about this, we need alot of things to be handeled differently in the next day or two.

If I remember correctly wasn't yesterdays 12z a nC snowstorm then right east barely getting any precip up towards us? We at least get some precip up to us this run.

With yesterday's run the furthest north that the precip made it in the 6-hour time steps was Ocean City, MD out to the benchmark. Today its Cape May to Cape Cod. So like I said, *slightly* better.

Archived