• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 9-11 Potential

Harbourton

As I posted earlier, I expect baby steps out of the GFS for about the next 4-6 runs. Our storm for early next week doesn't evolve into one low pressure system on the GFS, instead it holds back part of the energy and that's really causing problems. We need the storm on Tuesday to really consolidate and blow up once it gets past our lattitude.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there are 2 factors involved:

1. Our viewers are sick and tired of all the snow and ice. If I sounded or looked excited, they would be even more upset.

2. I am exhausted from all these threats, big and small (even the small ones lead to great stress and extra work).

Last year was much more fun, with just a few events, but all of them huge. And no stinkin' ice.

Glenn

^ Thanks for the reply Glenn, its actually cool that you responded, never really thought you high up news weathermen/women would be on here actively. I can understand that it is annoying with these surprise changes and model flip flops, one of the reasons why I would hate to be on the news making forecasts. But hang in there, this winter isn't over yet. I have a feeling that there are still a few tricks left waiting to be unleashed... :snowman:

heres the new euro qpf map for the region, should cover everyone who post in this forum

Map

Personally, I'm curious to see what other areas are getting, even if they're not in our sub-forum. Unless it's harder for you to cover a larger area.

Nice boundaries though, but you forgot Elko!

Archived