wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 9-11 Potential

Harbourton

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-7 more days of model runs to iron out the details, just relax. People are taking the models way to verbatim for this time range. The storm is still there on the Euro which is all we really wanted to see. That and the fact that it has maintained the overall synoptic idea. Many reasons to be optimistic.

FWIW, this is reminding me ALOT of the storm we had right before Christmas.....went off the coast and was a scraper. We all know what happened withthe followup system on 12/26 and there are some signals that the blocking forms in Western Greenland and a small +PNA is positioned in the right spot. Perhaps mid-month is where we get the next "big" hit? Just something to ponder for those of us who believe in pattern repeats.

its a tight cutoff to the west and north of the surrounding burbs, phl still pulls off like .25-.5 qpf, south jerz more.

What else is new...

You know what? I really hope there is a tight cutoff. After the last sleet/ice storm, and all the missed opportunities for a large snow event, I'd just rather let what we have slowly melt away and then slip into spring. This isn't some kind of reverse psychology post either. I've lost a ton of work over a bunch of minor events, and I've had about enough winter already.

awwwwwwwww yeah

maybe we'll finally have an all-snow event down here this winter... (excluding the great flurry blizzard of 12/26)

I'm not sure I understand the parenthetical, didn't you get upwards of a foot with that storm? Also, I think the last couple were the only ones that mixed so far this year and even the one that had that prolonged period of epic sleet still delivered more than a foot of snow. In short, it's been a great twelve months of winter weather in our area and not sure that 'finally' comments are really justified...

You know what? I really hope there is a tight cutoff. After the last sleet/ice storm, and all the missed opportunities for a large snow event, I'd just rather let what we have slowly melt away and then slip into spring. This isn't some kind of reverse psychology post either. I've lost a ton of work over a bunch of minor events, and I've had about enough winter already.

So, still whining, but now it's for winter to be over? You're pretty tough to please...:P

Archived