Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 9-11 Potential

Harbourton

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be clear, my mixing concern lies with the storm track, not the air mass. I'm suggesting the low could track farther west than any model is currently showing.

If I had to make a forecast and my life depended on it, I'd probably take the current Euro and be done, but I'm hypothesizing where things could go wrong.

If you are correct about the SE/pseudo Bermuda high ridge and a more inland/west track, when do you think this would start showing up more on the global operational models?

I am going to go out on a limb here with this and say that since the NOGAPS at 138 hrs has actually trended west from previous runs that this is going to be coming more west & Adams thoughts are very much IMO going to be realized by the time this is in short range.....scooter.gif

No offense but I've noticed a pattern with your thoughts this winter. They always favor storms trending towards your backyard. If this was a lakes cutter your thoughts would say it would trend east in subsequent runs. I take your thoughts with a grain of salt, not to say this won't, but since every model less the Euro is OTS it sounds more like wishcasting at this point.

No offense but I've noticed a pattern with your thoughts. They always favor storms trending towards your backyard. If this was a lakes cutter your thoughts would say it would trend east in subsequent runs. I take your thoughts with a grain of salt, not to say this won't, but since every model less the Euro is OTS it sounds more like wishcasting at this point.

You noticed a pattern with my thoughts?

Have i ever mentioned my back yard?

Have i ever mentioned ABE?

I am not going to take offense but you are extremely mistaken...

What i simply am doing is going by the pattern that is in place and will still be in place at the time of this event....

Notice how far NW todays storm came?

What support is there for a system so far off the east coast? What exactly is going to cause this system to go off the east coast as the GFS is showing?

The last thing I do is wishcast ...matter of fact I am dead set against wishcasting.....

dt on the 00z ggem

Wxrisk.com ‎0z Canadian model is out... MAJOR SNOWSTORM for NC VA lower MD possibly Dc and s NJ. KEY difference with the gfs... is at 96 &108 hours the Canadian does not "crush " southern energy /surface LOW. This is in good agreement with last 5runs of euro

I will actually take this a step further ..Lets look at the 00z GGEM at 144 hrs

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/data/model_forecast/colour_images/00_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_CLASSIC@012_144.jpg

Which is Saturday 00z

Here was 12 Z at the same time...

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/CMC_12z/f156.gif

I would say we actually have come in closer to the coast and further North then the 12 Z run was at the same time....

So the Euro joined the others with a SE (OTS) track as well?

Yea it looks like it.. I still hold on to the belief that this storm is going to get way further NW then modeled right now. Look at this last storm how much farther NW it ended up. But each storm is different, But I don't think it's handling the phasing right or the break down of the Pacific ridge. Still though Voyager, that may not be enough for us to be dancing in the snow.

You noticed a pattern with my thoughts?

Have i ever mentioned my back yard?

Have i ever mentioned ABE?

I am not going to take offense but you are extremely mistaken...

B

What i simply am doing is going by the pattern that is in place and will still be in place at the time of this event....

Notice how far NW todays storm came?

What support is there for a system so far off the east coast? What exactly is going to cause this system to go off the east coast as the GFS is showing?

The last thing I do is wishcast ...matter of fact I am dead set against wishcasting.....

Euro OTS now too. The setup for this event is synoptically different than yesterday's event and by saying look what yesterday's event did and applying it to this is wishcasting in the face of all of the models. What support is there for an OTS track?? What support isn't there?? Simply stating the NAO is positive isn't support. Just bc the NAO is positive doesnt mean a storm has to hug the coast. Look at the PV it's huge and it's elongated from east to west on the models, that is why it's OTS on every model and without any kind of phase it will remain that way. I'm not saying things can't change and all of the data isn't even over the conus for good sampling, but anybody that says OTS isn't viable right now is wishcasting IMO and has no support in that claim that's all. I hope for my backyards sake it does come NW and alot more NW, but I'm not going to say it will without any model support.

Archived