• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Febuary 9-11 threat

Allsnow

I'm glad I kept some additional clouds in the forecast for Thursday.

12z ECMWF has the precip shield making it as far NW as PHL-GON.

00z ECMWF was 100-150 miles further SE.

Also, heavier precip now develops close to the VA/NC coast.

hmm...

will this winter pull another wonderful surprise, or will this week just end up dry, sunny and cold?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let the NW trend continue, even it its only a few flurries. Mr. G said this morning that the weekend would be dry :devilsmiley: and has pretty much ignored the trend to bring this closer to the coast . Would love to squeeze out an inch or two out of spite.

I don't know about all that, seems like wishful thinking. Maybe another shift 200 mi and we get tempted with some virga

Well, virga is about all we are going to get. But you know I am going to go outside and see if I can find a falling flake in the spotlight.

How close can virga get to actually reaching the ground? I wonder if there's ever been something like a snowstorm at the top of the empire state building while nothing is reaching the ground. I know this has happened when its too warm at the ground and its raining, but what about when its too dry?

Yeah. This is nothing compared to that. At least with this one, We had days notice.

yeah you guys are right... i almost forgot that one...:lol: i do hope we get something in the next few weeks ala 2/26/10...:snowman:

We were basically 50 miles away from a 2 foot snowstorm and 60+ inches of snow for the month and 80+ for the season.

Trust me, the pain of 2/6/10 was much worse lol.

I find rain / snow lines that stay just to my NW to be the most excruciating...

Archived