Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Febuary 9-11 threat

Allsnow

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of famous big snowstorms in this time period.... as a matter of fact, the Feb 5-20 period is considered the peak of heavy snowstorm activity on the east coast. Feb 1961, Feb 1969, Feb 1978, Feb 1979, Feb 1983, Feb 1994, Feb 1996, Feb 2003, Feb 2006, Feb 2010.....

forget the snowfall record, just having another storm like that this year makes it historic

and lets be honest, this is the best time of year to pull something like this. Think of all the great February storms.

Yeah, the probabilities are the highest over any other time of the year.

I think this timeframe has BIG potential. This high is not in ideal position and the blocking upstream is very limited. Hence, instead of another 20+ in. snow in NYC, this may be a quick hitting 4-8 in. or 5-10 in. storm, but obviously, the potential is there for this to be our third KU of the year.

I was looking through NWS OKX website, and I found a list of the greatest snowstorms in CPK's recorded history. I was stunned to learn that 5 of the 8 greatest snow events occurred in either the 1990's, 2000's, or 2010's. It's been a great run.

If this storm comes to play out as the gfs depicts this winter will go down as the worst winter ever in NYC.. Hands down... I can't beleive that this is even possible.. This has been the longest winter ever in terms of tracking.. The sleepless nights since December have been incredible.. We haven't gotten a break yet.. Week after week we are tracking another storm.. It's becoming grueling work..

If this storm comes to play out as the gfs depicts this winter will go down as the worst winter ever in NYC.. Hands down... I can't beleive that this is even possible.. This has been the longest winter ever in terms of tracking.. The sleepless nights since December have been incredible.. We haven't gotten a break yet.. Week after week we are tracking another storm.. It's becoming grueling work..

Quite honestly, tracking EC snowstorms is one of my favorite hobbies and truly does get me through the winter.

Agreed. And I think the relative quiet on this board is due to a serious hangover suffered by many. The die hards are still around though.

I think this timeframe has BIG potential. This high is not in ideal position and the blocking upstream is very limited. Hence, instead of another 20+ in. snow in NYC, this may be a quick hitting 4-8 in. or 5-10 in. storm, but obviously, the potential is there for this to be our third KU of the year.

I was looking through NWS OKX website, and I found a list of the greatest snowstorms in CPK's recorded history. I was stunned to learn that 5 of the 8 greatest snow events occurred in either the 1990's, 2000's, or 2010's. It's been a great run.

Yeah, this a very fast moving storm. The key thing is to see if the H5 low can close off and capture it for the KU amount totals.

Agreed. And I think the relative quiet on this board is due to a serious hangover suffered by many. The die hards are still around though.

Only a portion of one's life can be allocated to weather tracking, unless you are oblivious to reality. How about actually going out and enjoying the current weather?

That site hasn't been updated to include the Jan 26-27 storm. Including that, 5 of the 8 greatest snow storms in Central Park occurred since 2003, and 6 occurred since 1996.

What's even more amazing (this season) is that all of our action occurred since the end of December (Dec. 26th - Feb. 2nd) . Five and half weeks!!! :thumbsup:

Archived