wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Febuary 9-11 threat

Allsnow

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like about as perfect of a solution as we could have gotten. The slower ejection of the southern stream energy is making all the difference. Since the GFS seems to be on its own in terms of a faster ejection it might be playing into its fast bias. Still just one run and a long way to go. :weight_lift:

What a tremendous run. Reminds me a ton of the classic snowstorms..the surface low never gets to the insane pressures that we have been seeing the past few years. Gorgeous.

Dude I am psyched! Really love the overall look. It is funny but should we already be looking past Tuesday? Lot of energy in the base of that trough.

Sounds like Dec and Jan lol... and it gives it a lot more credibility to have the Euro showing it. Maybe the first storm blowing up is what causes this to happen.

Yes the first storm IS our monster 50-50 Low, which holds the confluence at bay for us to stable it.. Alex, you might recall the January 3, 1996 storm that became our huge 50-50 Low for the 7-8th snowstorm. IF that 50-50 wasn't there, there would be no Blizz of 96.

Yes the first storm IS our monster 50-50 Low, which holds the confluence at bay for us to stable it.. Alex, you might recall the January 3, 1996 storm that became our huge 50-50 Low for the 7-8th snowstorm. IF that 50-50 wasn't there, there would be no Blizz of 96.

I like the look of this storm and it looks like our pattern changes for a week or 10 days as Don S thaw happens, so this should be a nice way to go into that, while we wait for the pattern to reload :)

I like the look of this storm and it looks like our pattern changes for a week or 10 days as Don S thaw happens, so this should be a nice way to go into that, while we wait for the pattern to reload :)

Well, you typically need a big storm in order to get pattern change right? What the pattern would change to remains to be seen. Temps in the 30's at this point would feel like a heat wave

DT Favoring an inland track with rain for the cities....says euro and gfs are wrong and ggem is right. I think he's nuts to not at least think it's a possibility that dr no and the gfs in relative agreement of a more southeastern track could be correct but who knows

He's been honking a Midwest-centered remainder of the winter, so obviously for that call to be right he wants the low to track inland and be an apps runner at least.

For all we know he could be right. If we see an early phase and more consolidated energy diving into the trough, we can easily see such a track. There's not sufficient blocking to hold the cold air in by itself, so with a bad storm track we could get roaring southerly winds and rain. It's really luck of the draw.

DT Favoring an inland track with rain for the cities....says euro and gfs are wrong and ggem is right. I think he's nuts to not at least think it's a possibility that dr no and the gfs in relative agreement of a more southeastern track could be correct but who knows

Wow interesting thanks. That might be the first time I've ever heard him say that the Euro was wrong!! ha ha ha All kidding aside, what he is saying might very well be true, but at this point of the game, anything is a possibility imo. THINK SNOW!

Disregard EURO and GFS in favor of the GEM.....Doesn't sound like the best decision. With that being said, I'm sure we'll see MANY more solutions leading up to this.

Archived