northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we looking at a 2/10/05 type of thing?

That was horrible model agreement too...ETA was giving us a huge snowstorm while GFS was further NW and more of a rain to snow situation. GFS ended up winning....but not totally...it showed like 20" of snow out near Albany and northwest toward Rick's area, but it was a huge bust there. Still got snow but amounts were much lower.

That was horrible model agreement too...ETA was giving us a huge snowstorm while GFS was further NW and more of a rain to snow situation. GFS ended up winning....but not totally...it showed like 20" of snow out near Albany and northwest toward Rick's area, but it was a huge bust there. Still got snow but amounts were much lower.

I just remember Randy and Matt flying up because winter was kind of a dud in DC that year. Originally they were coming to Boston, then CON, they ended up in the White Mtns to get their snow.

Bomb is a bit more progressive this run, but will still prob hit....Messenger may like this run.

Given the speed of the MLJ/ULJ over the next several days I think were going to see lots of issues with timing and such...for one were looking at a 160+ knot ULJ...that's pretty sick stuff. This is going to drive models nuts.

Given the speed of the MLJ/ULJ over the next several days I think were going to see lots of issues with timing and such...for one were looking at a 160+ knot ULJ...that's pretty sick stuff. This is going to drive models nuts.

I was wrong....not sweating the details, just trying to practice H5 interp.

I was wrong....not sweating the details, just trying to practice H5 interp.

I feel you...sometimes you gotta dip your feet in the water...best way to learn IMO. I know so many preach reading more to learn but that doesn't work for everyone. I can say I've learned more from posting, even if I was wrong rather than reading. At least if I post something that is incorrect someone is most certain to point out I was wrong and will give the correct reason.

I feel you...sometimes you gotta dip your feet in the water...best way to learn IMO. I know so many preach reading more to learn but that doesn't work for everyone. I can say I've learned more from posting, even if I was wrong rather than reading. At least if I post something that is incorrect someone is most certain to point out I was wrong and will give the correct reason.

Well, I think that applies more to newbies...I mean, I'm no expert, but I can hold my own.

Low goes over Messenger and jackpots GC....I actually think something close to this run is going to ultimately be the outcome.

Either way were looking at a fairly large storm, just an incredible amount of dynamics in play here and probably a great deal of moisture feed. Even if it's a mix or rain or whatever a storm of this caliber is most certainly going to cause major issues for roofs/structures that have been weakened.

Either way were looking at a fairly large storm, just an incredible amount of dynamics in play here and probably a great deal of moisture feed. Even if it's a mix or rain or whatever a storm of this caliber is most certainly going to cause major issues for roofs/structures that have been weakened.

I'd take this run and sprint all the way to history.....1' net gain....at this point, moneyshot mike and Will can have the jackpot...I don't expect to compete with them....I just want to continue building my pack.

I am worried sick about Sat night, though....has a shot to put a sizeable dent in many of our packs.

Well, I think that applies more to newbies...I mean, I'm no expert, but I can hold my own.

Well yeah, especially when it comes to learning board dynamics and such...but I mean for those *really* interested in learning more about the weather and reading models sometimes just reading isn't enough. I think I've learned more this winter about model reading than at any other point in my time posting since 2006 and I think it's b/c I've decided to dip my toes a bit more.

Anyways though I'm continued to be impressed at how active the pattern continues to look...were definitely due for something to track up one of our fannies but this beats boring weather where we have to talk temps.

I'd take this run and sprint all the way to history.....1' net gain....at this point, moneyshot mike and Will can have the jackpot...I don't expect to compete with them....I just want to continue building my pack.

I am worried sick about Sat night, though....has a shot to put a sizeable dent in many of our packs.

I am really worried about Saturday as well, if it is going to be more of a liquid event than I hope it has as little QPF as possible. This storm end of the week if it worked would certainly be history for many...this is why I kind of hope Saturday can work out and the Monday/Tuesday can perform into a few inches...BDL could certainly get to 100'' by the end of the week.

Archived