Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noyes still on board for 5+

FB4cast: Fair today, highs either side of 30 with a southwest breeze 10-15 mph. Any early Saturday sun fades very quickly with clouds leading to midday light rain and snow, becoming heavier through the afternoon & evening, transitioning to mostly snow thru the night. 5"+ for interior Southern NewEng, few plowable inches for most Central/South.

What is your elevation? I bet at the top of that hill it's 15 degrees warmer

I'm at 650'....the top of my hill is only 800' or so, though you know we're surrounded by hills higher than that. I'm sure it's much warmer over in Union. I can see the station at 950' over by Johnson Memorial is at 12.6°F. I use them as a gauge as to what's going on higher up.

I'm at 650'....the top of my hill is only 800' or so, though you know we're surrounded by hills higher than that. I'm sure it's much warmer over in Union. I can see the station at 950' over by Johnson Memorial is at 12.6°F. I use them as a gauge as to what's going on higher up.

And I am 13.1 at exactly 1000 feet ..but when I drive down the hill shortly near the highway it'll be 0 or below

Anybody have any serious ice dam issues? My folks have about 6" of ice in the gutters with heavy heavy drippage into the house.

My gutters all have major damns..but the flashing on the house must be good..no water issues. I am actually concerned about my roof. I was really worried last night after hearing about the hundreds collapsing in the state the last 2-3 days and more overnight

Anybody have any serious ice dam issues? My folks have about 6" of ice in the gutters with heavy heavy drippage into the house.

That sucks.

Honestly I hope the meltdown...whenever it happens be it now or may lol....is slow for the areas with deep snow cover. We hardly have any snow down here but the flooding on wed was pretty noteable just from melting snow clogged drains and frozen ground.

My gutters all have major damns..but the flashing on the house must be good..no water issues. I am actually concerned about my roof. I was really worried last night after hearing about the hundreds collapsing in the state the last 2-3 days and more overnight

That sucks.

Honestly I hope the meltdown...whenever it happens be it now or may lol....is slow for the areas with deep snow cover. We hardly have any snow down here but the flooding on wed was pretty noteable just from melting snow clogged drains and frozen ground.

This is the first time they've had the problem. I was down for dinner, and I used a roof rake, but there is about 18" of snow on the roof. I think the wet snow made it hard for the wind to blow off. There is usually very little snow on it. Just a sh*tload of snow there.

Archived