northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5-6 Storm Threat I

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really worried about Saturday as well, if it is going to be more of a liquid event than I hope it has as little QPF as possible. This storm end of the week if it worked would certainly be history for many...this is why I kind of hope Saturday can work out and the Monday/Tuesday can perform into a few inches...BDL could certainly get to 100'' by the end of the week.

The problem is that if it ends up liquid, it's going to have MORE mositure....I hope it gets sheared to nothing.

I think the EURO is going to be alot of rain for E MA.

I predict not. RGEM/UKMET haven't changed. NAM trended less amp. CMC GGEM is actually less amped vs prior runs. Euro has been consistent through all this chaos. It's either wrong or has the right idea of a snow event pure and simple outside of 128 and rain/mix to snow inside.

The problem is that if it ends up liquid, it's going to have MORE mositure....I hope it gets sheared to nothing.

You're probably right...this post brings back memories...When I was a sophomore in high school I was talking with a science teacher there who has a met. degree about one storm, and I said one comment and he said well if it's liquid it will have more moisture :lol:

In this case than I agree, I hoped it would get sheared to nothing.

This is just going to be one helluva forecast, one that I would certainly want to be as conservative as possible.

WTF is going on with models??? UKIE and RGEM are completely different. Someone is going to get seriously schooled.

below

LOL...Ukie brings Logan11 a rainstorm.

This model agreement is awful. This is like the late 90s again.

below

I'm gonna puke if the UK and RGEM win.

below

Meh, I say more like the mid to late 1980's

I just got back...was trying to figure out wtf was going on....how in the world at 48 hours can there be this much spread? Something has got to be wrong with data quality somewhere...either in what we're using or what we're sending to others. Always seems to be most severe with systems coming over the Rio Grande too.....

The UK and presumably the RGEM/GGEM are notably different even by 36 hours. They're slower and west with the s/w which eventually means they're stronger/west into CPA. Who's right? Been a bias all year that the UK ends up left, but surprised by the RGEM.

Weird clearly something is amiss, seems odd.

below

below

below

I just got back...was trying to figure out wtf was going on....how in the world at 48 hours can there be this much spread? Something has got to be wrong with data quality somewhere...either in what we're using or what we're sending to others. Always seems to be most severe with systems coming over the Rio Grande too.....

The UK and presumably the RGEM/GGEM are notably different even by 36 hours. They're slower and west with the s/w which eventually means they're stronger/west into CPA. Who's right? Been a bias all year that the UK ends up left, but surprised by the RGEM.

Weird clearly something is amiss, seems odd.

At this short lead, I can't imagine the EURO and GFS ens mean being that far off, so I'm gonna stick to it, but I am nervous.

Archived