• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Area February 1st-2nd OBS and Discussion Continued...

Rib

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC itself looks like a normal day watching the news.

My entire block is caked with ice, including the street.

My street is 100% ice sheet, literally looks like the skating rink I used to go to. I've never seen things this slick in Westchester, I just went out for a walk and I can't imagine how anyone would be able to drive. Truly frightening conditions outside, and still some moderate freezing rain here.

27.7/26

By the time we get above freezing, the storm will be over. Really a disaster with schools having to use two snow days this week after the blitz of cancellations from previous storms. Never seen a stretch of winter weather such as has occurred in 2010-11 here, and the fun is far from over. Flash freeze tonight will make things additionally hazardous, and then we get back to tracking this weekend's coastal and an arctic front next week which may bring even colder temperatures than what we had in late January. Unreal... Snowman.gif

My street is 100% ice sheet, literally looks like the skating rink I used to go to. I've never seen things this slick in Westchester, I just went out for a walk and I can't imagine how anyone would be able to drive. Truly frightening conditions outside, and still some moderate freezing rain here.

27.7/26

By the time we get above freezing, the storm will be over. Really a disaster with schools having to use two snow days this week after the blitz of cancellations from previous storms. Never seen a stretch of winter weather such as has occurred in 2010-11 here, and the fun is far from over. Flash freeze tonight will make things additionally hazardous, and then we get back to tracking this weekend's coastal and an arctic front next week which may bring even colder temperatures than what we had in late January. Unreal... Snowman.gif

Ice here is pretty crazy too...I think they attempted to plow but gave up realizing it was futile. Conditions are awful, ice covering everything.

Could get well into the 40s to near 50 on the Twin Forks of LI, while Central Park doesn't break 34F. Looks like the secondary will track over eastern LI, about 50 miles east of the HRRR.

Pressure falls over 5 mb/3 hours at the buoys south of LI.

I said that yesterday, got pilloried for that statement.

What are the conditions like in Huntington? Looks like it's warmed to 33F or so based on personal weather stations in the area.

Ice on the streets, tree branches and cars. Icicles starting to melt. I don't have my thermometer anymore, but based on KFRG and KISP, we are above freezing.

I wonder if locations well inland were saved to an extent by sleet. Seems like closer to the coast has been mostly freezing rain and conditions are horrible

30 degrees in Ringwood. My road is a sheet of ice. Looks like we got about half an inch of sleet and then a nice coating of freezing rain. Not sure how much, but I can walk on my driveway without my feet leaving any imprint, so it is a significant amount. Haven't seen a car, plow, salt truck or any people outside.

Archived