Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Start of February

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pines around the house are already starting to weigh down pretty good. I can confirm that there are some sleet pellets mixed in here (30 southwest of State College), but mainly a light to moderate zr affair here. The raindrop size continues to be of the smaller type, and thus allow for better tree buildup. There's maybe two good things to report.. my snowcovered gravel driveway which long ago became a skating rink has now become a more epic sled ride than a snow tubing run and I'm probably gonna have some great pictures when this wraps up tomorrow morning.

From past experience, I'm guessing we already have .15 on everything and building quickly with this light but steady rain at 28.9 degrees.

yea from what I managed it's getting close to .2" already... its not coming down so hard it puddles... just hard enough it freezes quick and accumulates

yea from what I managed it's getting close to .2" already... its not coming down so hard it puddles... just hard enough it freezes quick and accumulates

This is the perfect rain for ice accumulation.

I'm off to charge our phones, get out batteries and unplug stuff. See you guys in the morning, hopefully with everyone safe and still warm.

... as I post this a wreck just happened down the street, looks like a car skid into parked cats and kept sliding.

This is the perfect rain for ice accumulation.

I'm off to charge our phones, get out batteries and unplug stuff. See you guys in the morning, hopefully with everyone safe and still warm.

... as I post this a wreck just happened down the street, looks like a car skid into parked cats and kept sliding.

:lmao: Typo I know, but still!

At least I'm not the only one who noticed, I mean this storm is almost over for Cleveland, OH wow. I honestly don't see how anyone is going to pick up more than .5" of ZR with how fast this thing is moving

Add in the fact that some locations (Tamaqua and Hazleton) are nearly all sleet, and you may be right.

Add in the fact that some locations (Tamaqua and Hazleton) are nearly all sleet, and you may be right.

Yeah we started out with ZR drizzle but turned quickly over to plain sleet once the heavier precip cooled the column of air. I mean don't get me wrong, there is still going to be areas that are severely disrupted travel wise, but widespread power outages look unlikely at this point. I'm thinking a generalize .3-.5" of ZR for central PA and like .1-.25" for the northern and other places that are seeing primarily sleet. All I know is most of the models busted for here, with every single one at least gave me an 1" of snow with some giving me 5" before the change over to sleet, well that didn't happen, started ZR/sleet from the getgo, the WAA game in relatively fast with such a fast forward momentum and a slightly more NW track.

Archived