• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 5 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

Its ridiculous how sh*tty the models are handling this storm.. a 200 mile shift north from 12z. By tomorrow you will be in the bullseye.

im not invested in this at all, nor do i want to be lol....im much more interested in the rest of the week

i really feel bummed for you guys......this was your snow and i hope it trends back........i guess at least wait for the rest of the 00z but still

what an epically horrible performance by the models.:thumbsdown:

i guess the BUF-ROC crowd has gotta be happy

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, wonder if BUF will hoist any headlines with tonight's update. Maybe a bit gunshy after the issues with the last storm. If nothing else, I would expect a change to my current point and click 4-cast:

Saturday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Southwest wind between 8 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly between 7pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Hmm, wonder if BUF will hoist any headlines with tonight's update. Maybe a bit gunshy after the issues with the last storm. If nothing else, I would expect a change to my current point and click 4-cast:

Saturday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Southwest wind between 8 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly between 7pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Ya, I was thinking the same thing...when are they going to update our forcast here in the greater ROC area....from the last few runs of the NAM they should have thought about changing things. Oh well, Im just glad things are changing for the better for once!

The numbers look good the only problem will be the temperatures; Right now, they will be marginal for the event.....But parts of central NY could see 4 inches maybe a bit more..As for the Hudson Valley I think 6-8 with localized spots maybe a bit more. GFL still looks like 2-4 inches. Parts of the Southern Tier will do very well. Earlier, I didn't think I would see any snow; but now I guess I could see up to a couple of inches.

Archived