Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 5 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I might I might get 6 inches if not a little more...It least if I can believe these crazy models. ALB and Places to the North will do well They will have a lot less in the way of mixed precp; so they might total as high as 5 inches. as for the Southern Tier and ALB south 1-3 of S/IP/ZR/RA still looks like a good call, at least for now.

surprise snow up here looks likely this evening into overnight from WSW to ENE ....instead of the wall to wall sunshine expected previously.:guitar:

several inches possible near and along the border and even into MTL with a lighter accumlation possible in ottawa.....depeding on how far north the precip shield makes it into the drier air, there will be a razor sharp cutoff.

will be interesting watching the radar today, models are completely lost, this is what it must have been like in the old day :lol:

Looks like I might I might get 6 inches if not a little more...It least if I can believe these crazy models. ALB and Places to the North will do well They will have a lot less in the way of mixed precp; so they might total as high as 5 inches. as for the Southern Tier and ALB south 1-3 of S/IP/ZR/RA still looks like a good call, at least for now.

I doubt ALB will see more than 1 inch in this setup with the 850 and 700 lows tracking just north of ALB. I'm guessing just a period of IP/ZR to rain/dryslot to flurries on the backend. I would love to be in your position for this event. easy 6"+ for you.

I doubt ALB will see more than 1 inch in this setup with the 850 and 700 lows tracking just north of ALB. I'm guessing just a period of IP/ZR to rain/dryslot to flurries on the backend. I would love to be in your position for this event. easy 6"+ for you.

I agree with you on ALB its self; but some of the hills south of there could pick up a bit more. yes what a difference 24 hours can make...I Went from nothing to being in the jackpot :thumbsup:

Topped off at 36* - then some light snow cooled the column in the last 20 minutes - down to 33.3 Cold air laying in the valleys - Albany still only 27.

Echos building just to the south of here moving north. It will be interesting to see what kind of concoction nature has in store for us... :lightning:

Still dropping - down to 29.7! With light snow.

Topped off at 36* - then some light snow cooled the column in the last 20 minutes - down to 33.3 Cold air laying in the valleys - Albany still only 27.

Echos building just to the south of here moving north. It will be interesting to see what kind of concoction nature has in store for us... :lightning:

As I peer up through the moderate snow, I can see the 540 critical line above my house :lol:..............usually not a good sign unless you enjoy something other than snow :arrowhead:

I went to Lowes this morning. I come out of the store, talking to the wife, this older gentleman comes over and I quote" you all ready for the big storm today?" I said I don't think it will be bad at all he then says " really I just heard they are calling for 1-2 inches of ice!" I asked where he heard the bs report from and he said" The NWS in Burlington, because they cover down here in Glens Falls too". I just looked online and I have no idea where he got this info from but he had supplies and generator parts in hand and was prepping for it. Anyone have any ideas if this has been posted/ forecasted somewhere and I missed it?

Archived