• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 31-February 2 Potentially Historic Winter Storm

Hoosier

I have been praying we either have snow, sleet or rain. Your words while greatly appreciated are not what I want to hear. This has the makings of a long painful migraine for a lot of folks in the ice band. Thanks. I guess it will be on to the 0 and 12z to see if they drive a nail in our coffin or pry the lid off.

It's hard to pin down the location of the ice band right now since the models are shifting and usual uncertainty on cold air depth, but the risk of not making any basic preparations is high.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-590-0-29647100-1296415206.jpg

in what may be one of my hardest forecasts ever, I think I have it pretty well nailed down,

Will fine tune tomorrow if I have time, looks pretty self-explanatory to me, Thinking surface temps will be a bit colder than models are forecasting but i'm going with a pretty good blend of different models here.

Hi everyone...new member here...always lurked since I don't have much met knowledge, and can't really contribute much tongue.gif But boy this storm has my interest...!

OL...the fact that the Euro has been consistently increasing precip amounts our way (I am from, as a friend of mine from TO put it, "the arctic village that is Ottawa" haha)...showing 0.81 from 00z, along with temps below -10C throughout, shouldn't that be a good sign? The 00z GEFS also had good amounts, even though the op didn't. Since you are getting pumped, I take it things are looking up? I'll be cautiously pessimistic anyways, I'll get pumped when I see snow falling! My apologies for asking such questions, but I really can't read maps much to tell if things are looking up or getting pear-shaped!

Hey Draxinar!

welcome to the board.....i looked at the location first and thought hmmm, i wonder where he is....must be belleville or kingston. glad to see another from Ottawa. my parents live there and we have several members from in and arond Ottawa posting obs during big events.

anyways, in such an epic setup for the MW here, its VERY busy here and understandably so..... :)

so in order to keep things more organized and not get lost, i post more of my thoguhts regarding our backyards in the Upstate/North Country forum......(see Feb storm thread)

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/forum/10-upstate-new-yorkpennsylvania/

of course i hang out here most of the time in the interim.......but its such a big event i dont want things to get too congested.

if i post here, it will be usualy about MW and southern ontario locations or the general weather pattern.

Just for the record, sounds like IND will be extending the Winter Storm Watch south to cover all of their CWA with LMK issuing watches to cover their farther Northern CWA

I can't wait to see IND's afd. This has damaging to catastrophic ice potential written all over it and I'm certainly growing more concerned for LAF.

12z nam gives me 2-3 inches of freezing rain?

lol, ok...well see you in a few months after I put my life back together..because my house might get destroyed.

got a chainsaw? start cutting. Well either cut now or cut later after they've fallen.

Archived