joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay is in the best location for a ski area in the eastern U.S... no doubt. On Mansfield we have high terrain south of us and north of us so we don't really upslope on a due southerly flow or due northerly flow. However, any easterly or westerly component to the wind will upslope over 3,000ft between the lower elevations east/west of the mountain, and the 4,000ft ridgeline.

In general though, no one can beat Jay for pure orographic fun.

Even E and NE Jay does better than Mansfield because the terrain to the E and NE is pretty flat around Jay while Mansfield has 2000-2500 ft hills east of them.

How much does the Mansfield Stake have now anyway?

Nice snowshower activity currently, whitening the ground. Shows up well on KENX radar. Let it snow.

Yeah--I'm looking out my window and I can see the snow out your way. Based on the radar, it's pretty much south of the Deerfield. Franklin County, ftl. Just some on and off flakes here. Sky to the west is somewhat promising, though, so maybe what your having will fill into the north a bit.

33.4/20

Yeah--I'm looking out my window and I can see the snow out your way. Based on the radar, it's pretty much south of the Deerfield. Franklin County, ftl. Just some on and off flakes here. Sky to the west is somewhat promising, though, so maybe what your having will fill into the north a bit.

33.4/20

Haven't made it to freezing yet, it's actually fallen back since the heavier snowshowers moved in. Now 30 after hitting 31. I'd imagine we'll both see some snsh activity on and off. Nice blustery cold Winter like day.

Haven't made it to freezing yet, it's actually fallen back since the heavier snowshowers moved in. Now 30 after hitting 31. I'd imagine we'll both see some snsh activity on and off. Nice blustery cold Winter like day.

Based on what I can see from the windows here, it looks like you all the way in towrad Williamsburg/Northampton may be in a line of showers... Still just some mood snow here with the sun peeking through teh clouds.

Maybe you get a piece of this too later Decent SW in S Canada pinwheeling toasted NMaine42d4d0aa-2cab-d006.jpg

Based on what I can see from the windows here, it looks like you all the way in towrad Williamsburg/Northampton may be in a line of showers... Still just some mood snow here with the sun peeking through teh clouds.

I'm heading to the valley in a few minutes . If you look at the current radar you can see the snsh activity dries up almost immediately once it gets just east of here. I doubt NoHO or 'burgy sees anything more than a streay flake. Looking upstream it looks like that more robust streamer off l.Ontario is shifting south so maybe the trajectory becomes more favorable for another round here in a few hours. So glad to live up high. Elev FTW.

I'm heading to the valley in a few minutes . If you look at the current radar you can see the snsh activity dries up almost immediately once it gets just east of here. I doubt NoHO or 'burgy sees anything more than a streay flake. Looking upstream it looks like that more robust streamer off l.Ontario is shifting south so maybe the trajectory becomes more favorable for another round here in a few hours. So glad to live up high. Elev FTW.

I'm relying on visual here. Your hills and theirs were 'blurred' by snow. Perhaps in the valley it was drying up before reaching the gournd.

That's not a streamer but a windex super squall, winds gusted above forty when that blasted through.

That's not a streamer but a windex super squall, winds gusted above forty when that blasted through.

I just assumed it was a run of the mill streamer after noting all the LES snow watches/warnings posted for the Tug. I would think if it's a Windex type event it might have a better chance of holding together. Yes?

I'm relying on visual here. Your hills and theirs were 'blurred' by snow. Perhaps in the valley it was drying up before reaching the gournd.

You're unfortunately too far north. The past 3 seasons I've watched most snow shower activity with any lakes association always target Pete's area. Not sure why but it's got to be topography.

Archived