Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 26-27 Storm Disco/Obs III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got hit with a boat load of WTF! :snowman:

La Epic rolls on. All in all not a bad storm, but for once I'd like to be on the cold side of the cf. I can't rip 1/4m +SN for **** this year, everything is 1/2m SN.

i was up in easton getting a car the other day and i was impressed with the snow depth...must look even better now. that's not that far from you, no?

Interesting... 15" Colchester just north of me but only 8.5" Norwich 10 miles east of Colchester. Also 17.5" in Lisbon just 6 miles NE of Norwich. Don't believe the Norwich for a second.. that must just be round 2. Even then it is still very low. 8.5 vs 17.5 within 6 miles of each other.. and there was no gradient/banding visible on radar that would explain it.

An impressive 12" even in Groton.

Old Saybrook 13" just across the river and south of me.

Sleet contamination not too bad on the shoreline.. I thought I would have a lot more than KGON.

i was up in easton getting a car the other day and i was impressed with the snow depth...must look even better now. that's not that far from you, no?

I'll have photos from that area tomorrow or tonight. It's rivaling 78 now in terms of snowbanks. I'll see on depth later.

There's a big climo difference between there and Bob. There's actually a big climo difference between the Taunton office and easton north of route 106 and west of 138 which is much more similar to Sharon/Norwood/Foxboro/Stoughton/Canton.

It's amazing to me in the PNS that there's a 2.6" difference between the taunton office and 2.6 miles NW. Brockton came in with 13" which is what I heard fell in Easton.

My mom says they have just shy of 30" of depth in Guilford hahaha. That's amazing!

We're mid 20s here but the piles are so incredible which makes this ~25" depth look so much more impressive than a similar depth after a 2 ft snowstorm.

Wow.. that's amazing I was wondering what that area had for depths. The whole area from Stamford to Clinton has been hammered this year. So has SE CT (relative to climo) but not as much in absolute numbers as that area.

Especially the areas between BDR and HVN and just north of there.

My mom says they have just shy of 30" of depth in Guilford hahaha. That's amazing!

We're mid 20s here but the piles are so incredible which makes this ~25" depth look so much more impressive than a similar depth after a 2 ft snowstorm.

Can confirm that, we have about a 32" depth here. Just Northwest of Guilford. Some 8+ foot snow piles too from drifts so on.

Yeah that's just beyond nuts. That is probably one of the highest depths since 1888.

I have pretty much the same depth that I had aftter the blizz of '78....just 1" shy.

Incredible, but I can't imagine another bid one next week....that would ascend this to Feb 1969 levels for me, which is the all-time record.

I have pretty much the same depth that I had aftter the blizz of '78....just 1" shy.

Incredible, but I can't imagine another bid one next week....that would ascend this to Feb 1969 levels for me, which is the all-time record.

Interesting because I'm hearing the same thing to your SSW. Down towards Easton the snow banks are higher than 78 I guess on average. Makes sense, 10-20" storm after another piles up more than a single 40.

Too bad the clipper redevelops so far offshore.

honestly dont see how you wont get hit again next week

pattern looks great, well positioned hudson bay vortex not allowing a cut

euro caved to the GFS last night with the energy crashing through the pac ridge, as expected

climo lends to that idea as well

seasonal trends of course

all signs are go go go

Newport certainly was the screw-zone. In this area when storms track this close to the coast...if you don't cash in on the front-end thump you won't get much at all....because once the heaviest precip. from the front-end thump moves north...you're left with the dry slot or lighter precip....and once the heavy bands move east from CT and LI they always weaken when they reach Newport. Other than Block Island and SOME parts of the Cape, I probably had the least snow out of this. Little over 2 yesterday, and maybe 3 overnight.

Clipper this weekend looks dried up, and I just don't see how we could possibly get clocked again so soon.

Nonetheless... no complaints from me.

Mum measured a few tenths under a foot at home (Warwick), matches well with other reports. Snow depth over 20".

PVD has, inextricably, come in with the lowest total in the state :lol: What's unfortunate is that had their totals for each storm this month matched other official spotters in the area, they'd be topping 1996 as the snowiest month on record.

37.4 inches in 1996

36.7 inches in 2005

31.9 inches in 1948

30.7 inches in 2011

Archived