• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference Info

BayBreeze

We appear to have a "do this unless something better comes along" thing for Baltimore in July. Apologies for those wanting one in June. The other places we were checking on have not gotten back to us yet. If their offer is sweeter, everything changes. But they are all close to each other adjacent to the airport.

Randy approved this message and will add details as they become available. He is busy with other things at the moment and not feeling too hot so he asked that I pass this along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is annoying...

Thank you

doing the best we can. what randy might find interesting as he waits on other places to respond is to find out why a person absolutely cannot come june versus july. a bunch of "it is too hot in july" responses might be counteracted by "i know i already have to be at work or school in july" etc etc. and vice versa for july over june.

you are the crowd. make your case. we want as many 8sses in the seats as possible. we cannot wait much longer. to get everything lined up by now is already pushing it. marriott has finally stepped up to the plate for july. the others have not.

i took the liberty of doing some fare shopping while the game was on (not much interest). for peeps in the northeast, you largely know how to get here with bus and rail service into the area. if not, give me a shout and i will let you know how i get to new york etc on the cheap.

if i missed any cities, apologies. these are for people that have been to past conferences and others that may show for this one and in the future. BWI is considered the Kmart of airports on the east coast. if you prefer to use dulles or washington national, it can be done but it is much less convenient given the distance. but hey, if a $10 roundtrip to dulles pops up beforehand, go for it. dulles is 65 miles from the conference. washington national is like 45.

josh will be bringing his private perv jet so i guess there was no reason to include los angeles.

anyway, just for your viewing pleasure. no need to book early in my opinion. there is not usually a stampede of people trying to get to baltimore in the summer time. it is hot and humid here then. btw, the stormtracker snow tour bus will become a severe weather chase bus during this period. i feel an outbreak coming on delmarva or lower southern maryland during the conference. omg.

flight fare information assumes thursday departure (july 21st) with a return

on monday the 25th. this date has not been formally announced. randy will be doing so when everything is sewwed up.

moving from west to east from spots we might get people from...

unless otherwise noted, fares are roundtrip based on booking online with southwest.

seattle............$440.10 nonstop from sea to bwi. return change planes through den.

portland oregone...$471.80 (connect at chicago midway)

los angeles........$377.50 (two stops to bwi..one plane change on return)

houston hobby......$343.90 (nonstop both ways)

chicago midway.....$249.40 " "

kansas city........$344.40 " "

louisville.........$289.40 " "

columbus o.........$199.40 " "

cleveland..........$139.40 " "

pittsburgh.........$119.40 " "

raleigh/durham.....$139.40 " "

charlotte..........$228.90 " " (airtran)

GSP SC.............$228.90 " "

fort lauderdale....$297.40 " "

boston.............$107.40 " " (jetblue)

hartford...........$139.40 " " (southwest again)

washington dc - metro green line to greenbelt then b30 bus to bwi. i dunno $6 total?

links...

http://www.southwest.com

http://www.bwiairport.com

signed, randy's slave.

More details will be coming soon, but Our hotel of choice is the BWI Marriott.

Conference will consist of HPC Tour (depending on interest), 2 workshops on Friday and the main conference on Saturday.

A more formal announcement will go up on Wednesday once I sign the actual contract. Conference fee at this time is settling in around $130-$135. This covers presenter expenses, a full reception with food on Friday night and a full dinner buffet on Saturday night.

The conference website should be up by next week.

We appear to have a "do this unless something better comes along" thing for Baltimore in July. Apologies for those wanting one in June. The other places we were checking on have not gotten back to us yet. If their offer is sweeter, everything changes. But they are all close to each other adjacent to the airport.

Randy approved this message and will add details as they become available. He is busy with other things at the moment and not feeling too hot so he asked that I pass this along.

Will Wing Wah Chinese be catering the event?

Also, you stole Dave's job :o of providing airline info. Scandalous.

For those flying in, you can find cheap airfare at these sites:

www.cheapair.com

www.kayak.com

www.sidestep.com

www.farecompare.com (you can also set up an email alert to let you know when prices go up or down)

There are times that booking one way, each way, is cheaper.

I've heard that the best time to check for airfare is Tuesday from 2-3pm.

unless otherwise noted, fares are roundtrip based on booking online with southwest.

seattle............$440.10 nonstop from sea to bwi. return change planes through den.

washington dc - metro green line to greenbelt then b30 bus to bwi. i dunno $6 total?

links...

signed, randy's slave.

Portland is west of Seattle. :arrowhead:

Will Wing Wah Chinese be catering the event?

Also, you stole Dave's job :o of providing airline info. Scandalous.

i do not believe there are any wing wahs in the area. i think there are other chinese takeouts up nursery road near the beltway. can't comment on the quality. likely oily. i'll put together a local guide in the coming weeks/months with randy's ok. this is my burg.

of note to those interested, the orioles are playing at home that weekend against the angels. bleh. i'll probably pass but something to think about if you like baseball. tickets are not hard to get. the team blows.

and dave is down with mouth problems. he runs it too much, so after oral surgery, it is failing. he won't mind that i temporarily took his job. he can come in and clean it up later.

i took the liberty of doing some fare shopping while the game was on (not much interest). for peeps in the northeast, you largely know how to get here with bus and rail service into the area. if not, give me a shout and i will let you know how i get to new york etc on the cheap.

if i missed any cities, apologies. these are for people that have been to past conferences and others that may show for this one and in the future. BWI is considered the Kmart of airports on the east coast. if you prefer to use dulles or washington national, it can be done but it is much less convenient given the distance. but hey, if a $10 roundtrip to dulles pops up beforehand, go for it. dulles is 65 miles from the conference. washington national is like 45.

josh will be bringing his private perv jet so i guess there was no reason to include los angeles.

anyway, just for your viewing pleasure. no need to book early in my opinion. there is not usually a stampede of people trying to get to baltimore in the summer time. it is hot and humid here then. btw, the stormtracker snow tour bus will become a severe weather chase bus during this period. i feel an outbreak coming on delmarva or lower southern maryland during the conference. omg.

flight fare information assumes thursday departure (july 21st) with a return

on monday the 25th. this date has not been formally announced. randy will be doing so when everything is sewwed up.

links...

signed, randy's slave.

What? No IAH? You're either slipping or you lived DT or SE too long while you were here...:devilsmiley:

Yay! Exciting stuff! I missed the last Eastern conference and felt like total crap about it. Won't let that happen again. :)

You have your own jet? For real?

BTW, I don't think SWA flies to IAH, and I'd bet money flying from IAH to BWI via EWR would cost more, and bags don't fly free on Continental/United.

BTW, I don't think SWA flies to IAH, and I'd bet money flying from IAH to BWI via EWR would cost more, and bags don't fly free on Continental/United.

SWA only flies to Hobby and they fly direct to Baltimore. Nothing at IAH that I could see.

I don't know where these silly rumors come from. No, I fly commercial, like everybody else.

Southwest goes in and out of Austin-- I know because I did that a few times during the very W-Gulf-centric 2008 season.

Nobody told you? You're paying for everyone! :lol:

gun_bandana.gif

As soon as we can get the website up. Probably early next week at the very latest.

Awesome! I just filed my taxes and am getting them back on the turbotax Visa debit card which I should have by next week...I'll be able to use this to pay for the registration fee, right?

WOO HOO!!! Was getting a bit worried there...but I knew you guys would come through!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope to register soon. Can't put in for the leave until March (gov't rules...sigh...), but I have already let JoeD know I'm putting in for the mids I'm scheduled to work that weekend (shucks and heartbreak...missing mids...<hehe>).

Can't WAIT to see you weenies in DC!!!

--Turtle ;)

i do not believe there are any wing wahs in the area. i think there are other chinese takeouts up nursery road near the beltway. can't comment on the quality. likely oily. i'll put together a local guide in the coming weeks/months with randy's ok. this is my burg.

of note to those interested, the orioles are playing at home that weekend against the angels. bleh. i'll probably pass but something to think about if you like baseball. tickets are not hard to get. the team blows.

and dave is down with mouth problems. he runs it too much, so after oral surgery, it is failing. he won't mind that i temporarily took his job. he can come in and clean it up later.

OH NOOO!! Dave...not talking?!???!! Something to see (and not hear!)...

Let Dave know I hope he's feeling better. Don't know what his handle is here yet...

--Turtle ;)

Archived