e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Central PA Winter '10-'11 Obs/Discussion I

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody see the way radar just blew up in the last 45 minutes in the i80 corridor and it looks like it will be rotating back into the lower susq valley! about an inch in york. surprised you only have a dusting in columbia!

looking at the radar ealier you would think that, but its been really light. I did see some darker band in York and north of me. Of course east of me.

Still not a flake in Harrisburg.

really surprised to hear that based on state college radar! looks like a nice band maybe just to the west? I definitely believe something is changing in the storm, it looks like the visible circulation center off Jersey has slowed and ALMOST going due north (it has to be my imagination that it is going nnw). looks like the whole area west of where they're getting pounded has picked up in intensity as that change has happened. i'm too rusty on my upper air knowledge to do more snooping around. snowing any harder in columbia yet now that you're under darker blue?

Did a bit of scanning of the PennDOT webcams. Didn't see anything too noteworthy around Harrisburg or Gettysburg. Lancaster appears to be seeing some steadier snowfall and looks to have some light accums on the ground and a bit on the roadways.

Beginning to think that CTP will likely need to trim/edit headlines back eastward some later this eve. Both the 12z and new 18z WRF simulated radar barely had the back edge to Harrisburg and I just don't see any good press from the heavier bands once one gets west of Philly too far. Since the storm now looks to be continuing on its way steadily up the coast vs stalling/occluding at this point, there probably won't be too much more westward press of the heavier stuff. As I've mentioned off and on the past few days, wasn't really thrilled with the angle the storm took..coming off the GA/FL coast and then turning hard vs a track through the southeastern states to say the VA/NC coast. This storm is a classic I-95 snowstorm and one that appears to be ultimately having the very tight gradient. Really reminds me of the 2006 blizzard in that regard.

Did a bit of scanning of the PennDOT webcams. Didn't see anything too noteworthy around Harrisburg or Gettysburg. Lancaster appears to be seeing some steadier snowfall and looks to have some light accums on the ground and a bit on the roadways.

Beginning to think that CTP will likely need to trim/edit headlines back eastward some later this eve. Both the 12z and new 18z WRF simulated radar barely had the back edge to Harrisburg and I just don't see any good press from the heavier bands once one gets west of Philly too far. Since the storm now looks to be continuing on its way steadily up the coast vs stalling/occluding at this point, there probably won't be too much more westward press of the heavier stuff. As I've mentioned off and on the past few days, wasn't really thrilled with the angle the storm took..coming off the GA/FL coast and then turning hard vs a track through the southeastern states to say the VA/NC coast. This storm is a classic I-95 snowstorm and one that appears to be ultimately having the very tight gradient. Really reminds me of the 2006 blizzard in that regard.

Most likely. Nothing worth measuring here in eastern Lebanon County....maybe a few flakes still in the air. 20.8° and windy.

LOL not a flake in Harrisburg. It is tough to call this a bust for the NWS so I can't, but they are getting killed by my FB friends.

We are a crazy no snow island today. You can only laugh!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we are the only city in Pennsylvania that has not seen at least 1in of snow this season.

Archived