CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pattern Change thread

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, I'm tired of winter ending in February.

Tell me about it.....December and March comprise all of my favorite events.....only real notable event to me that took place in the heart of the winter was Jan '96.

Feb is our climatologically snowiest month, but its a black hole for me with respect to memorable events.

Tell me about it.....December and March comprise all of my favorite events.....only real notable event to me that took place in the heart of the winter was Jan '96.

Feb is our climotalogically snowiest month, but its a black hole for me with respect to memorable events.

I usually prefer later events in winter like late Feb or March, rather than December for sst reasons, but yeah December can rock for you.

The early and late season events are usually moisture loaded, so there is a good reason to appreciate them..along with increased cutoff chances. My guess is that Spring will be cold, so who knows about April. Maybe we can eek out an snow event?

I usually prefer later events in winter like late Feb or March, rather than December for sst reasons, but yeah December can rock for you.

The early and late season events are usually moisture loaded, so there is a good reason to appreciate them..along with increased cutoff chances. My guess is that Spring will be cold, so who knows about April. Maybe we can eek out an snow event?

Yea, I'd rather take my chances in March....no doubt.

The first 2 weeks of March are prime hunting season for KUs around these parts.....I know climo says first week of Feb, but climo can screw.

I gotta think we'd probably be freezing in that setup if it were January.

Probably though it looks like the Pacific changes first so you get the initial trough axis in the west. The -NAO flips negative afterward and it takes some time for the pattern to adjust across noam and get the cold down this way.

Probably though it looks like the Pacific changes first so you get the initial trough axis in the west. The -NAO flips negative afterward and it takes some time for the pattern to adjust across noam and get the cold down this way.

All anyone cares about is that its cold enough to snow in that pattern if it were winter.....would it deliver Jan 2004, no......but I don't want that delivered ever again anyway.

Yeah it won't just rush in with like 516 thicknesses. Hopefully we carry this through December.

Archived