Jump to content

Cfa

Members
  • Posts

    4,705
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cfa

  1. Up to 98 now, ahead of yesterday at this time, today’s low of 72 was cooler than yesterday’s, so it’s interesting that today is already hotter. Don’t think I’ve ever seen 100 degree conditions after a low in the low 70’s. But in my experience, anytime it’s been this hot around 10 AM the ceiling has been higher than 100.
  2. I was outside of ISP about 30 minutes ago and it was already 86, it was actually cooler on the north shore, my PWS was still in the upper 70’s at that time. Normally the opposite.
  3. I think there’s a little downsloping at play here too, I’m north of the terminal moraine which is over 300 feet in elevation, I know it’s nothing compared to other parts of the region, but what goes up must come down.
  4. 95 here, sea breeze already at the LIE, don’t think I’ll see 100 today.
  5. Already hotter than all of yesterday at 91/81 (HI 110).
  6. They should place a micronet/mesonet station in a sunny part of Central Park for research purposes.
  7. 83/78 (HI 92) here at 9PM, I’m used to this being from Queens but it’s always a welcome surprise here well outside of the heat island. Pure unadulterated heat outside.
  8. LibertyBell with the highest max temp in the region.
  9. Sunshine, blue skies to the east, hazy everywhere else. 84/77.
  10. Looks like I’ll be spending much of the day in the drier eastern half of Suffolk. If we can’t get thunderstorms I don’t want any additional rain.
  11. Just saw a flight destined for Philadelphia land at Islip. Flights bound for JFK are doing go-arounds and flying in circles way out into Suffolk, which won’t be an option soon as the storms approach.
  12. CG lightning to the west, cloudy and breezy now with rolling thunder, will likely miss me to the north though.
  13. 0.07” and stopping now. Nuisance showers.
×
×
  • Create New...