Jump to content

shaggy

Members
  • Posts

    7,696
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by shaggy

  1. Been a relatively quiet season over there but newly formed typhoon looks to approach the Philippines as a strong cat 4 in a few days.
  2. Hrrr has shifted highest winds eastward in NC and now gets me right at 60mph gusts when earlier today it had me low to mid 40s.
  3. Not too shabby 5 hours post landfall
  4. Big flare up over the eastern core as it moves inland
  5. With the decent rate of forward speed hopefully we dont see surges as high as 12 to 16 feet. If this was a slower moving storm that had time to pile the water in then that 12 to 16 feet of surge would be easy.
  6. Has there ever been a clear eye on IR? Dont remember too many storms that got this strong and ever presented an eye on sat loops.
  7. We were at Carolina beach near Wilmington back in June. It was a wet week with a ULL to our southwest and we had a long onshore flow. It chewed that beach to pieces and I knew it was gonna be bad of we got a cane. Luckily Iseias wasnt too bad of a storm.
  8. Already upgraded to STY. Took awhile but the wpac has put out 2 monsters this week.
  9. The numbers over the course of 9 years are holding up. Also had Bertha into SC so this is 2 strikes on the carolinas.
  10. So i found 3 storm reports updated on the SPC storm reports late for Feb 6th. They were EF-1 for both gates and Stanley counties and an ef-0 for Randolph county. There were still 4 other reports from Feb 6th that I havent found a survey for and those were Gaston, Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, and Gaston counties. This makes 15 confirmed tornados and 4 others reports I havent found surveys on yet.
  11. Still looking for total tornado counts from NC from the Feb outbreak but we had 12 on Monday.
  12. Couple videos have surfaced just waiting to see if they are legit or not.
  13. Havent broke 32 yet with the snow cover. Overnight low was 20 but our forecast high was 40. Will be intrested in what we crash to tonight.
  14. Very photogenic. Classic paste bomb that stuck to trees and encased them in snow.
  15. It is nice to see you pop up here again. I know I miss the old chase threads but understand the switch to Twitter. You can reach so many more people. I just need to sign up for Twitter so I can follow icyclone. Right now my wife follows you so I just use her account to follow your chases. Hope you enjoyed the holiday season and that things are good!
  16. I am probably one of the few humans who doesnt have a Twitter account but I was watching on Twitter the entire time. Really thought it was gonna barely miss you south but a few hours before landfall it was clear you were gonna catch the eye. Great video as always.
  17. Looks like Josh is gonna catch the northern eyewall and may the edge of the eye of Kamurri
  18. Typhoon Kamurri forecast to have winds of 130kts as it starts to close in on the Philippines.
  19. Looks like the euro and gfs being a strong typhoon into the Philippines. It's already ramping up nicely and could overperform
  20. Good thing cyclone Kyarr is not going to threaten anyone as it has gone into beast mode.
×
×
  • Create New...