Newest Member
    amirah5
January Med/Long Range Disco Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichever is wetter and colder of course :lol:

Weak sauce on all guidance for the most part. Subtle feature in the northern stream so we prob shouldn't think too much until the weekend. We can write it off on Sunday and then quibble about how much front end snow we can squeeze out of the cutter later that week. 

Man, euro ensembles are really really cold to close out the month. Mean 0c 850 is pushed all the way to northern AL/GA. When a mean is that far south it means there are a bunch of tongues stuck to flagpoles members.  

We'll all have flagpole members if anything like what the 12Z Euro spit out comes to pass.

Weak sauce on all guidance for the most part. Subtle feature in the northern stream so we prob shouldn't think too much until the weekend. We can write it off on Sunday and then quibble about how much front end snow we can squeeze out of the cutter later that week.

Be interesting to watch the gfs for the next day or two on that. I thought the 12z ens was interesting for it.

Be interesting to watch the gfs for the next day or two on that. I thought the 12z ens was interesting for it.

It's the next batter on deck so we'll watch by default. I liked the euro's vort pass. GFS is similar. These kind of deals are subtle so globals are good for a general idea. I have a hunch we're going to score something next week. Some ns energy diving down and decent look at h5 to have something slide under us.

The progression of the mlk storm is good and bad. It hangs around so that helps keep things from zipping along north of us. At the same time is also keeps things from amping up. 

Think suppression...:-)

If it really goes down like the euro/gefs show, there will be no doubt a period of cold blue skies here. But without blocking in the atlantic, it will press and recede (maybe multiple times). This could put all of us in the east in the game. Just not at the same time...like last year. haha

Archived