joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that strong high to N/W and ambient cold air in place, I'm thinking mostly frozen for most of us. Maybe a lot of ice/mix/sleet, but plain rain I see as a longer shot with this set-up...that intense cold will want to press at least at the surface.

I think it'll be close but given the sheared out nature of this I think the low level cold will be stronger once again. The only problem is the high is so far displaced so I could see the coastal plain flipping as the gfs shows but probably like 35-38F and rain and not 40s.

The interior and areas N&W of 287 could have icing issues.

QPF here is close to 1.5" give or take, most of that falling as rain with temps in the 30's. Could be some hydro issues but not as bad as it could have been.

1.5 of rain could do some damage flooding wise, ice jams, frozen ground, rain water drainage blocked by snow and ice, this could be ugly

1.5 of rain could do some damage flooding wise, ice jams, frozen ground, rain water drainage blocked by snow and ice, this could be ugly

We'll worry about that if it happens but temps in the 30's isn't going to cause a catostrophic meltdown, even with 1.5" of rain on frozen ground, major flooding would be avoided.

Archived