• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2014

mackerel_sky

Now that it is in banter, I'll play a bit.  For my money the week in that forecast ended Fri.  I'll pose a question for Brick.  It is Tuesday morning, a difficult day at your work.  You make the statement, "Boy, I can't wait for this week to be over."  Are you wishing for it to be Friday at 5:00pm or next Monday at 9:00am?

The whole argument was pretty weak.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a sister in Roxboro and one in Apex. I should pay them a visit sometime. Where are we going to have the DD2 movie get together, somewhere neutral like Charlotte , at their big concord mills mall movieplex?

Lemme know when you come up... I'll take you to Bojangle's!

Yeah I'm down with Concord. Maybe we can hit up the BPS too! :)

Lemme know when you come up... I'll take you to Bojangle's!

Yeah I'm down with Concord. Maybe we can hit up the BPS too! :)

Deal! It may not be before DD2, but if I'm in the neighborhood, I will let you know! Maybe the angus barn? I've heard talk of them , but never been? The only restaurant in the mall is Chilis, but also a killer food court and a Cinnabon! :)

Deal! It may not be before DD2, but if I'm in the neighborhood, I will let you know! Maybe the angus barn? I've heard talk of them , but never been? The only restaurant in the mall is Chilis, but also a killer food court and a Cinnabon! :)

Food court is no problemo at all. If they have several Chinese food places, (like in Cary Towne Center), we can fill up on free samples. :)

Angus Barn is great. But I ain't buyin! I'll spring for some gravy biscuits, but the Barn is every man for himself. Oh, and if we go there, we gotta make sure Burns comes!

Food court is no problemo at all. If they have several Chinese food places, (like in Cary Towne Center), we can fill up on free samples. :)

Angus Barn is great. But I ain't buyin! I'll spring for some gravy biscuits, but the Barn is every man for himself. Oh, and if we go there, we gotta make sure Burns comes!

I love me some angus barn... and the butt kicker is awesome!!

A week runs from Sunday to Saturday. Look at a calendar. Saturday is still part of the week. Sunday is the beginning of the next week. Both days happen to fall on the weekend, which is really just a name we give to Saturday and Sunday, because it is the end of one week and the beginning of the next. WRAL was just plain wrong in putting that article up saying there won't be a washout any day this week.

I really hope we don't get into a pattern of having rain on the weekends. If it is going to be a washout, do it during the week. It would be nice to be able to get outside and do some yard work or just enjoy the weather on the weekends before fall comes and school starts back up.

Weather outlets routinely distinguish between the work week and the weekend. This is nothing new. Technically, you are correct...Saturday is part of the current week. But practically, it's considered part of the weekend, particularly in weather forecasting. Even though the artical didn't use the phrase "work week", it's possible, even likely, that's what they meant.

They should have been more specific. It's not smart to say what the weather is going to be for the entire week 7 days out anyway, unless you are 100% sure. The local forecasts have not been very good this summer with regards to rain. It has missed both ways.

A week runs from Sunday to Saturday. Look at a calendar. Saturday is still part of the week. Sunday is the beginning of the next week. Both days happen to fall on the weekend, which is really just a name we give to Saturday and Sunday, because it is the end of one week and the beginning of the next. WRAL was just plain wrong in putting that article up saying there won't be a washout any day this week.

I really hope we don't get into a pattern of having rain on the weekends. If it is going to be a washout, do it during the week. It would be nice to be able to get outside and do some yard work or just enjoy the weather on the weekends before fall comes and school starts back up.

It IS going to be a washout during the week. You just said so yourself!

Yeah, might be for Saturday. But there have been a lot of times when rain was in the forecast and we didn't get a drop, and other times it was supposed to be sunny and 97 and we got rain all day and the forecasted high was off by 10 degrees. I don't ever recall a summer where the forecasts have been so off. Usually, it's the same old hot with a chance of afternoon storms every day. This summer has been really different.

They should have been more specific. It's not smart to say what the weather is going to be for the entire week 7 days out anyway, unless you are 100% sure. The local forecasts have not been very good this summer with regards to rain. It has missed both ways.

It's hard to please everyone.  In this case though, I only know of one person who became confused.

loltastic

loltastic

How did I miss that.  lol

LOL, where you guys been??

BTW, the 18z GFS continues the theme of bringing the higher precip totals farther south into NC. 3-5 inches for parts of the Triangle now.

post-987-0-96089900-1407454421_thumb.jpg

Haha! It looked fine until I saved it. The second one ain't much better.

On another note, I thought about you today. I have a client who owes $10,000/quarter and is roughly $20,000 behind on his payment. He assured me that he could catch up by making monthly payments of $3000. I was like, what? Calc would be mortified. It doesn't take any diff eqs to determine there might be a slight miscalculation somewhere here.

On another note, I thought about you today. I have a client who owes $10,000/quarter and is roughly $20,000 behind on his payment. He assured me that he could catch up by making monthly payments of $3000. I was like, what? Calc would be mortified. It doesn't take any diff eqs to determine there might be a slight miscalculation somewhere here.

If he pays you 4 quarters, he will be all square! :)

:lmao: :lmao: :clap: :clap:

Educators like Burns and myself know that we have done our jobs well when someone makes a statement like that.  :arrowhead:

Archived