amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 20-22 Threat Potential Part 3

ag3

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess no chance with the timing of tonight's event of a NYC school closure; given the fact that last Tuesday with the 6-12 potential they didnt.

They'll probably close up here in Westchester, though, or at least have a delay....I am subbing today and already wrote on the board to check the TV tomorrow for delays/closings. This event is definitely ticking NW, meaning a more significant snowfall, and everyone drives to school up here, so it's dangerous if there's heavy snow falling. Westchester is also very hilly so they're quick to cancel since the buses can't make it up and down the slopes safely when the roads are snow-covered.

They'll probably close up here in Westchester, though, or at least have a delay....I am subbing today and already wrote on the board to check the TV tomorrow for delays/closings. This event is definitely ticking NW, meaning a more significant snowfall, and everyone drives to school up here, so it's dangerous if there's heavy snow falling. Westchester is also very hilly so they're quick to cancel since the buses can't make it up and down the slopes safely when the roads are snow-covered.

Last time NYC schools got a delayed school opening was following the two days they were closed for the blizard of 1996

Archived