amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 20-22 Threat Potential Part 3

ag3

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If accumulations look like they are going to need to be increased then chances are Mt.Holly and Upton would upgrade right to a Winter Storm Warning with the afternoon forecast package.

True that, btw, 6 z RGEM is in line with 6z NAM, nice agreement between the two with about .40 NYC / NE NJ

Winter weather advisories are up for entire area Mt Holly (3 to 4") and Upton (3 to 5"). Wouldn't take much to bump these to watches.

Watches could be issued for the Mt. Holly and Upton EASTERN zones if the 12Z model runs continue to up the QPF, even if just slightly, because ratios look decent. Should be an easy snow to deal with, though.

Watches could be issued for the Mt. Holly and Upton EASTERN zones if the 12Z model runs continue to up the QPF, even if just slightly, because ratios look decent. Should be an easy snow to deal with, though.

6 inches is the criteria I think, its possible we could see Suffolk and maybe Nassau go along with New London and Middlesex on the afternoon issuance...I think almost all the 12Z runs would have to put amounts around .50 in NYC to see any of the 5 boroughs upgraded.

if the trend

becomes our true friend

there is time to adjust

Mt Holly is not going to bust

the storm will arrive tonight

leaving plenty of time to modify advisories, watches and warnings

Met's have time to do some honing

No matter how much the weenies pray

This will be nothing like "boxing day"

For now be happy with three to six

Any further west we could be talking MIX!

yea.... did you notice how light it was most of last night.. It didn't even feel like it got completely dark. The moon light was kind of spread all around through the veil of clouds.. it was actually pretty cool looking.

It was very obvious from my room how bright it was outside...never really got dark the entire night even at 2am and later.

Funny, I noticed that this morning when I was walking the dog, about 4:30am, very cool.

It was very obvious from my room how bright it was outside...never really got dark the entire night even at 2am and later.

maybe it's an omen for an overachieving storm tonight and a Miller A of the likes of Jan 1996 next week... :whistle:

Guest Patrick

Guess we were all quite surprised at the brightness of the moon, especially since the NWS didn't even have us under a Bright Moon Advisory, let alone a "High Moon Warning."

On a weatherly note, 27* here in White Plains....how did MOS guidance do last night? Just wondering how it would handle the incoming airmass as it relates to the storm.

Archived