joxey
Jan 20-22 Threat Potential Part 3

ag3

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hr 36 light to mod snow for the area...everyone over .10 of preciep

Looking at sims at 36,

There is nothing left west of NYC and only a little left for NYC east.

NCEP new experimental site is fast like SV, has 3 hour maps along with sims and other nice features, including nam surface temp.

Looking at sims at 36,

There is nothing left west of NYC and only a little left for NYC east.

NCEP new experimental site is fast like SV, has 3 hour maps along with sims and other nice features, including nam surface temp.

okay how does that change the outcome of us getting .10+? i

okay how does that change the outcome of us getting .10+? i

Just letting u and others know that NCEP finally has rapid update maps for all models in 3 hour increments. Better map and more choices.

I wonder when it will come off the experimental status and become official?

Just letting u and others know that NCEP finally has rapid update maps for all models in 3 hour increments. Better map and more choices.

I wonder when it will come off the experimental status and become official?

Apologies if you've posted it before but can you post a link where I can access this tasty material?

Thanks!

Yes. This is the rapid update experimental site.

Hit "model guidance", then the model and then the region "namerica". Then use the scroll for hour and then select the map.

Great site once u get used to the navigational aspects.

It updates as fast as SV and Ewall and all the other pay sites.

To save some time:

NCEP EXPERIMENTAL MODEL PAGE:

GFS: http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller?prevPage=Model&MainPage=index&model=GFS&area=NAMER&areaDesc=North+America+-+US%2C+Canada%2C+and+northern+Mexico&page=Model&prevModel=&prevArea=NAMER&currKey=model&prevKey=model&cat=MODEL+GUIDANCE

NAM: http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller?prevPage=Model&MainPage=index&model=NAM&area=NAMER&areaDesc=North+America+-+US%2C+Canada%2C+and+northern+Mexico&page=Model&prevModel=&prevArea=NAMER&currKey=model&prevKey=model&cat=MODEL+GUIDANCE

RUC: http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller?prevPage=Model&MainPage=index&model=RUC&area=NAMER&areaDesc=North+America+-+US%2C+Canada%2C+and+northern+Mexico&page=Model&prevModel=&prevArea=NAMER&currKey=model&prevKey=model&cat=MODEL+GUIDANCE

There is also GFS spag plots and ensembles but if you are smart enough to know about those I will assume you know how to click the links from the main page. I will post this in the pinned weather model thread as well.

Archived