Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok technically its all rain at DCA because surface temps are around 35 throughout the storm. However, for arguments sake lets say the surface temps are a bit warm at this range on the Euro, according to 850's

.46 falls as snow

then 1.0 rain

then another .9 snow

What about IAD and BWI?

ok technically its all rain at DCA because surface temps are around 35 throughout the storm. However, for arguments sake lets say the surface temps are a bit warm at this range on the Euro, according to 850's

.46 falls as snow

then 1.0 rain

then another .9 snow

Wait.......is that 1.36" in the form of snow?

.46 falls as snow

then 1.0 rain

then another .9 snow

Where do you get the data? SOunds like you have pay stuff, but does it say rain? To me that looks like heavy wet snow and with temps at the surface of 35 and those heights aloft--I would have to bet that warm layer is extremely shallow.

Where do you get the data? SOunds like you have pay stuff, but does it say rain? To me that looks like heavy wet snow and with temps at the surface of 35 and those heights aloft--I would have to bet that warm layer is extremely shallow.

yea I would agree this screams heavy wet snow, if the euro were to verify like that it would probably be very similar to March 1958 when any elevated areas just west of the cities got massive wet snowfall amounts while the lower elevations and in the cities did well and got 8-12" of heavy wet snow but had a lot of mixing issues when precip rates let up at times. I know the setup of these storms is not the same, just referring to the temperature profiles of the two events and the track of the H5 low.

Archived