SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love the fact that his 2 maps don't match up, the lines are shifted about 10-20 miles in some cases where the 2 maps overlap. LOL so for some places he has issued 2 different forecasts simultaneously. NICE

You'll notice also that the description given in region "C" (which includes DC-Balt) is fairly different.

So is it fair to say NAM/GGEM vs GFS/Euro? I like my chances out this way. However, bottom shelf Brandy sucks.

Actually as I understood some of the discussion earlier, the 00Z NAM wasn't half-bad if you "extrapolate it out". Temperatures cooling as the precip arrives, 500 center south, etc.? So it might be more in line with the GFS than the GGEM. But I could have misinterpreted some of that.

<br />You'll notice also that the description given in region "C" (which includes DC-Balt) is fairly different.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It's different because the letter area in one region will experience different conditions than another region. For example area C includes DC/BWI area, but also includes southern Jersey Shore. The narrative description for "Northeast" version of his map refers to the Southern Jersey area, while the description for the mid-Atlantic section refers to the BWI/DC area. It's a little confusing, but you have to first chose the map that centers on your area and then find the lettered area for your region. It probably doesn't even matter as DT's first guesses are usually pretty bad in the MD/VA area.

MDstorm

<br /><br /><br />

It's different because the letter area in one region will experience different conditions than another region. For example area C includes DC/BWI area, but also includes southern Jersey Shore. The narrative description for "Northeast" version of his map refers to the Southern Jersey area, while the description for the mid-Atlantic section refers to the BWI/DC area. It's a little confusing, but you have to first chose the map that centers on your area and then find the lettered area for your region. It probably doesn't even matter as DT's first guesses are usually pretty bad in the MD/VA area.

MDstorm

Well that's a good point, didn't know the same lettered area is not necessarily an exact "continuation" (and interpretation) into the other region.

Archived