12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL Jan 17-19 Forecast Discussion

am19psu

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be stunned if NYC/Western LI has the majority frozen.....and temps not above 34-35.

I can't believe there is still hope as per NAM..

Gotten spoiled with Western LI/NYC being snowy and no rain to speak of this past month

Thats an extreme scenario now...I backed off my 3-6 inch front end blast 2 days ago and was ready to go to almost nothing, maybe 1 inch at EWR or NYC, the latest runs give some hope of 1-3, and if a few heavier bands can form somebody on the coast could go past that but honestly its going to be tough to call the SN/PL amounts on this til we see the radar tomorrow afternoon, if its exhibiting large WAA precipitation we can start the party.

Based on this I'd say Upton is not going to be issuing any headlines for the 5 boroughs or LI....already showing a changeover at JFK by 10Z...that said, I'd be surprised if we don't see VIS below 2SM at some point between 04Z-10Z

FM180400 08009KT 4SM -SN BKN015

FM180700 08009KT 2SM -SN OVC008

FM181000 07011KT 2SM -SNPLRA OVC008

Awesome dude...you've been waiting for a good event. Haven't you been mini-screwed the past few coastals?

Thanks! I hope it verifies. Not really too excited about it though because of the chance for ice here too but it does not look like a change to rain is coming until late Tuesday if that at all. I also hope my post-restriction is lifted soon so I can post obs as I need to in the obs forum.

I am more interested in the threat at the end of the week as the GEM is a monster bomb that gets me and everyone else slammed. I know that is off topic for this thread but still trying to conserve posts.

What does the 0z GFS say and what do the pro mets on this board think of this threat so far?

00Z RGEM showing a 3" liquid max just south of NYC.

Tuesday looks ugly, from the interior mid-Atlantic region into interior western and central southern New England. Even I-95 from NYC on northward will be very close. 12z runs will be crucial, but it may ultimately come down to nowcasting.

Tuesday looks ugly, from the interior mid-Atlantic region into interior western and central southern New England. Even I-95 from NYC on northward will be very close. 12z runs will be crucial, but it may ultimately come down to nowcasting.

In my view, NYC and even just inland will have minimal snow and ice accumulation.

00Z RGEM showing a 3" liquid max just south of NYC.

So much for the "less than 0.5" of ran" someone was trying to tell me about two days ago. This will be a snowpack killer somewhere. Hard snow or not, cold rain or ice and rain, someone is going to lose the majority of what snow they have on the ground. Let the bashing comments begin :popcorn:

So much for the "less than 0.5" of ran" someone was trying to tell me about two days ago. This will be a snowpack killer somewhere. Hard snow or not, cold rain or ice and rain, someone is going to lose the majority of what snow they have on the ground. Let the bashing comments begin :popcorn:

This is the time period where the models love spitting out crackpot QPF....they will begin trending down probably starting at 12Z.

What's amazing is how the seasonal trend is just putting it's stamp on this winter so far. Does this track look familiar to anybody? Sheesh..

http://www.meteo.psu...EAST_0z/f45.gif

The NW suburbs are so close to a dynamic wet snow/ice bomb on the NAM, I doubt we get that much but it's going to be a close call. You'd think we'd have a chance with that track, and the 0z ECM/0z NAM did trend colder, so I guess we'll see what Tuesday morning brings.

Archived