joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Miller B tucked in too close. You went to a Celtics game and knew were cooked as soon as you looked up.....as did I as soon as I stepped outdoors after a 10F rise in temps. ONLY 5F this time but not imby thankfully.

Pretty sure lyme disease chewed away long term memory because I remember these things when you guys remind me, don't remember otherwise.

Really sucks at less than 40 :(

Well, this isn't going well here to start, it's raining already well SE.

Areas on the coast may have boundary layer problems I think even up to Boston, with that easterly flow off the relatively warm waters of the Atlantic. This effect will decrease rapidly inland though, and evaporational cooling will also put a dent into it.

This is one of those things models can mess up pretty bad due to resolution and the boundary layer scheme itself.

as the storm turns more east late tonight, any shift to a north or north north east wind along E MA and temps drop. This is only the immediate coastline due to east and even some southeast flow. Give it a shot to make a tiny turn and you will see temps fall to 29-30 but it might be near freezing for a time, go 5-10 miles inland and it will stay in the upper 20s, 30.

Areas on the coast may have boundary layer problems I think even up to Boston, with that easterly flow off the relatively warm waters of the Atlantic. This effect will decrease rapidly inland though, and evaporational cooling will also put a dent into it.

This is one of those things models can mess up pretty bad due to resolution and the boundary layer scheme itself.

It will probably be 32F or so for a while at Logan. Jerry might be 31 or something. I don't think Logan will mix, it just may be a wetter snow for a time.

Archived